If you are motivated by the opportunity to help shape the future of Australia€™s energy infrastructure, and to work for one of the world€™s leading organisations? If so, then this may be the job for you.
If the idea of negotiating contracts interests you, both large and small, across a range of exciting markets from simple to complex projects with market-leading technology, then we urge you to consider the following exciting career opportunity. Siemens Energy will give you a rewarding chance to work within an innovative global company where ownership behaviours and leadership are encouraged and rewarded.
Reporting to the Commercial Team Leader, the role of the Contracts Manager will be a vital part of the dynamic Siemens Energy sales team. In this role you will assume responsibility for all commercial aspects of customer proposals, tenders, quotations and contracts for the various portfolios in Siemens Energy. The successful applicant will join our existing Commercial Sales team at our Sydney or Melbourne offices. You will enjoy being part of a busy sales environment and be in a position to apply your experience in selling our solutions, systems and services across a range of energy solutions and services.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking contract negotiations with customers. Ensure that contract negotiations are successfully completed within agreed parameters for pricing and contractual risk profiles, and are in line with the company€™s strategies and policies.
- Providing commercial, financial and contractual advice for offers and tenders, including terms and conditions, cash flow, risk assessments, review with tendering team of the price calculations etc.
- Close collaboration with stakeholders such as in-house legal counsel, tendering team, sales executives, technical team, procurement managers, and senior management, as well as the company wide sales commercial team.
- Managing, undertaking and finalising contract reviews, draft amendments, and facilitate input from key stakeholders including technical and legal teams.
- Coordinating internal approval process and presentations for local country management, German and other overseas headquarters.
- Analysing management information in relation to sales processes and activities for local and HQ Management.
- Facilitating the handover of successful orders to project managers (Operations) for project delivery.
- Exploring opportunities to improve process efficiency within the sales and commercial teams.
What you will bring:
- Degree in one of the following disciplines: Law, Business, Commerce, Accounting, Economics, MBA or similar.
- Previous role in commercial, legal, and/or accounting environment. Exposure to areas such as tendering, procurement, sales, marketing, service or project management will be highly regarded.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Exposure to online collaboration tools and SAP an advantage but not essential.
- Strong communication, negotiation, drafting and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage various deadlines and a strong commitment to delivering to targets
- Experience in the Energy sector will be highly regarded though not essential.
- Confident in working on projects of varying amounts and across various contract structures (Service Agreements, Equipment Supply, EPC/Turnkey Solutions, Frame Agreements, Long-Term Programs).
Siemens Energy is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates innovation and excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Energy ownership culture, Siemens Energy also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.