Contract / Commercial Manager
Location: Darwin, Australia
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Our Site
Our Darwin team provide repair, maintenance and in-service support for the fleet of Armidale Class Patrol Boats. We have multiple locations across Darwin to accommodate our growing diverse team of 95 employees. Our project office is based in the CBD which is in walking distance to public transport, restaurants, schools and offsite parking. With challenging work opportunities and a strong team culture within the unique surrounds of Darwin, we offer you a truly rewarding career path as part of an expanding global organisation.
Are you interested in accountability and autonomy supporting one of Thales’ major contracts? As a Contract / Commercial Manager at Thales, you’ll be a critical interface between the customer and the business, influencing the direction of a major contract for Thales.
- Protecting Thales’s commercial position throughout the contract life, by ensuring the contract requirements are complied with
- Developing and implementing formal Contract Change Proposals
- Monitoring and reporting Thales’s financial performance through ongoing contractual and financial reviews.
- Oversight for all task costings, ensuring that costs are submitted in accordance with contractual requirements
- Development and approval of annual costings
- Proactively managing contractual risks and opportunities.
- Sound analysis and judgement skills
- Ability to successfully work with people at all levels of an organisation including as part of a team
- Experience in Contract Management including Performance and Financial Reporting
- Excellent spread sheet and data manipulation skills
- Formal qualifications in Contract Management, Contract Law, Business, Finance or
- Accounting is desirable.
You will need to successfully clear a pre-employment and police check.
Culture & Benefits at Thales
Thales can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We support our employees to develop professionally and succeed. We are a growing global organisation so hiring from within is our first priority, ensuring all our employees are given every opportunity to develop and build their career. We offer a variety of initiatives that support your wellbeing such as flexible work practices, salary sacrifice, novated leasing and purchased leave.
Thales is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!