Continence Advisor (Registered Nurse or OT) - Longreach
- Are you a Nurse or OT, looking for a diverse and challenging opportunity?
- Does the idea of living and working hands-on in a regional community excite you?
- Join the leaders in the provision of community based allied health in far north and western Queensland!
- Remuneration up to $84,176, commensurate with experience, PLUS relocation Assistance, rental subsidy, travel subsidy, 5 weeks leave and more!
Your new career awaits!
This organisation has a fantastic, full-time opportunity for a Registered Nurse or Occupational Therapist to join their professional team as a Continence Advisor, based in Longreach, Queensland.
As a Continence Advisor, you will plan, deliver and evaluate discipline specific clinical services and community education activities across the Longreach area, in accordance with organisational and program funding guidelines. You will provide appropriate advice and support to patients/clients and significant others in relation to maintenance of continence issues by:
- Assessing continence conditions and development of Continence Management Plans;
- Delivering information sessions for support groups within the community including other service providers and partners; and
- Assisting health and community groups to improve the health of individuals and the community by raising awareness of healthy lifestyles, disease and disability, and other health-related issues.
Suitable candidates will hold a tertiary qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant field such as Nursing or Occupational Therapy, along with current registration with AHPRA. Your proven capacity for the provision of high-quality, discipline specific assessment, prevention, treatment and intervention to achieve maximal outcomes for a broad range of clients and conditions, will be pivotal to your success.
Demonstrated knowledge of, or motivation to acquire knowledge of, Primary Health Care principles and issues presenting in rural and remote communities will be essential, as will an awareness of local health issues and ability to work with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
Please Note: Some of your work will involve travelling by both road and air to remote communities, so must be comfortable with this. You must in addition, hold a current 'C' Class driver's licence and have experience with the Microsoft Office suite.
Why you'll love working with this organisation
Whether you are looking for a change of scenery, a new adventure or a chance to give back to the community, this is an opportunity to make a real and valuable contribution. Put your knowledge and experience to good use, whilst gaining invaluable regional health care experience.
Successful candidates will receive an attractive remuneration circa $68,680 - $84,176 plus super, commensurate with your experience and qualifications.
In addition, a range of further benefits will be provided, including:
- Salary sacrificing options up to $15,900 annually;
- Leave loading of 17.5%;
- Rental Subsidy;
- Travel Subsidy;
- 5 weeks annual leave; and
- Relocation assistance