Consultants/Managers, Actuarial Services, Government %26 Public Sector – Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney
Work with iconic government and industry clients
Work with different teams on projects in varying locations
- Work with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
We are looking for consultants and managers from actuarial or other quantitative problem-solving backgrounds who are interested in growing their career in advising government across the health and human services sectors with our growing Actuarial practice. This is an opportunity to use your skills to make a difference in people’s lives. This role is offered on a flexible full-time basis.
Your key responsibilities
- Use your analytical skills and experience to help clients gain fresh insights to transform their operations while quantifying risk and improving performance
- Be able to work in multi-disciplinary teams, valuing and interpreting other subject matter expertise to build new solutions for our clients
- Be able to interpret and explain results from analysis to bring to light the issues that matter
- Use your business experience and sound project management skills to frame advice in a way that is helpful for operational results
- Develop relationships in the government, health, human services and social sectors to work with partners for the betterment of our communities
Skills and attributes for success
- Analytical and other quantitative skills (actuaries, data scientists, statistics, physics or other quantitative backgrounds with modelling and coding experience)
- Effective communication skills across a range of audiences
- A desire to innovate and make a difference
- Experience in health, human services (e.g. disability, justice, child protection) or government insurance schemes will be highly regarded though not essential
- Depending on your level of experience, you may be able to take on the management of junior staff, and be looking to take on an increased role in managing engagements and pursuing new opportunities
Ideally, you’ll also have
Analytical skills including experience with SAS, R, SQL, Python strongly preferred
Australian citizenship (to achieve security clearance for some government clients)
Our team exists to be an agent of change to help governments work
better to create a better working world for people and their communities –
especially those in need.
fulfilling careers for you to apply your analytical skills in an innovative way
in non-traditional fields. You might work with health professionals to build an understanding
and model of health seeking behaviours to inform community activation
strategies supporting early diagnosis of chronic disease, or work with big
datasets to analyse pathways for people going through our justice systems to
model the benefit of new approaches.
You will join a passionate, hard working and fun team that
provides unique, insightful advice to our clients through the combination of
our technical expertise and sector knowledge.
Apply and see where a career with our team can take you!
What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and
finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
and learning development e.g. EY badges (https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges),
an extensive range of wellbeing and
benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health
Who we are
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer (https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY,
our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres
Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse
society we live within. f you have any
support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of
application via [email protected]
or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working
world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by
EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability
limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.
Submission for the position: Consultants/Managers, Actuarial Services, Government & Public Sector – Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney - (Job Number: SYD003SU)