At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Consulting team is looking for a Consultant with solid telco or data center networking experience to join our team of open source experts in Sydney, Australia. In this role, you will work as part of a team that is at the forefront of helping customers develop hybrid cloud solutions and guide their digital transformation as they grow in existing and new markets. You will help our leaders promote the values of contribution, connection, collaboration, trust, and transparency, as well as inclusive meritocracy by empowering others to contribute ideas and solutions based on their merit, regardless of their source. As a Consultant, you will be expected to live by our culture within Red Hat with our customers and open source communities. You will guide the adoption of Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform in our key enterprise accounts, government agencies, and service provider partners. You'll develop relationships with customer engineering, development, and operations teams by aligning their requirements and use cases with the functional capabilities of our solutions.
- Become a respected and trusted Red Hat subject matter expert focusing on our customers’ business outcomes and addressing their technical, developmental, and strategic IT requirements
- Help scope projects and guide customers through successful pilot and production deployments
- Design, implement, and integrate Red Hat’s automation and infrastructure technologies, primarily Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform, Red Hat Satellite, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Promote the adoption of automation techniques and DevOps practices to improve the infrastructure and software life cycle, including infrastructure and application uptime, availability, and time to market
- Participate in mentoring of and knowledge transfer to your customers
- Contribute your knowledge and experience back into the wider Red Hat community in order for other teams and customers to benefit
- Collaborate with the Sales and Presales teams as a subject matter expert in Red Hat’s solutions to position and promote great customer outcomes
- Background in designing complex customer solutions in a rapidly evolving technology domain
- 4+ years of experience focused on network device configuration and network automation
- 4+ years of experience with automation technologies like Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience with DevOps practices and tooling including Git, Maven, Jenkins, and Bamboo
- Ability to work with distributed cross-functional teams to achieve success on behalf of customers
- Balance of strategic and tactical skills with a high level of creativity and passion for open source software, tooling, and automation
- Intermediate level of scripting using Python or similar
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience working with telecommunications customers and networks
- Experience with public cloud technologies including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Compute Engine (GCE)
- Familiarity with security fundamentals at the infrastructure (including cloud or hypervisor) and operating system levels
- Experience implementing a continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipeline
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.