Australia - Queensland, Townsville
AECOM (NYSE: ACM) is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, construction, environmental and energy. With over 87,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves.
The AECOM Construction Services brand has a long-term pipeline of projects across the Australia & New Zealand markets and is at a stage where you can build a fantastic long-term career in client-side Construction and Project Management Services and be part of our global and diversified brand!
Our projects will involve you in many industry sectors such as major Infrastructure, Defence, Aviation, Energy & Resources, Mining, Education and Healthcare.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to work with our key clients and represent our successful Construction Services brand in major infrastructure project delivery throughout Queensland.
The role of Senior Project Manager in Townsville work closely with various clients in the successful delivery of projects throughout our diverse portfolio. This role will allow a suitable Project Manager to work as a key advisor to client and be capable of integrating client requirements into project deliverables through strong contract administration and stakeholder engagement.
A suitable Senior Project Manager in AECOM Construction Services will be capable of managing Project Managers and various stakeholders throughout construction and delivery phase of road infrastructure projects, with an ability to manage expectations and deliver results to our clients successfully.
This is a broad Project Management role encompassing all stages of the project lifecycle, therefore enabling you to perform in bid development, project delivery and strategic influencing with a variety of stakeholders; from clients to sub-contractors, internal Directors and Executives, or Project Engineers and Project Managers.
The position of Senior Project Manager may suit a proven Project Manager or similar with a construction background and who has an interest in developing towards a client-side Project Management and Construction role while leading others in successful project delivery. Some of our basic requirements are listed as follows;
- 8 years’ + Project Management experience (or similar) in a civil construction environment
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time, to schedule and to client parameters including a good understanding of project management frameworks
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborative, ethical behaviour in a client-facing environment
- Strong commitment to safety and understanding of OH&S best practice and obligations.
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a multidisciplinary project team on complex multimillion-dollar projects with responsibility for outcomes.
- Experience in developing proposals, contracts and managing sub-contractor agreements in civil construction environments
- Develop and maintain project programs, change schedules, scoping documents, risk assessments, management plans, budgets and issues registers.
- Strong understanding of Contract Administration and working with State Government in Australia, ideally across infrastructure projects
- Confident communicator in client-facing environments and an ability to engage successfully across broad and complex stakeholder groups
- Strong ability to influence and confidence in negotiation.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or similar
- Suitable TMR qualifications or proven background of TMR projects is ideal.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.