Location: Darwin, Australia
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Our Site
Our Darwin team provide repair, maintenance and in-service support for the fleet of Armidale Class Patrol Boats. We have multiple locations across Darwin to accommodate our growing diverse team of 95 employees. Our project office is based in the CBD which is in walking distance to public transport, restaurants, schools and offsite parking. With challenging work opportunities and a strong team culture within the unique surrounds of Darwin, we offer you a truly rewarding career path as part of an expanding global organisation.
Configuration Manager (CM) organises and supervises his/her team in supporting the day to day conduct of configuration management activities within the program. The CM is expected to interact and collaborate with Engineering, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) and Supply
Support constituent capabilities as well as the within the wider configuration management team.
- Management, creation, generation, update and re-baselining of Configuration, Engineering and ILS technical documentation and data as required for the execution of ISS activities.
- Execution of delegated configuration management responsibilities associated with activities impacting changes to FBL, ABL and PBL data as required for the execution of ISS activities
- Ensuring all baseline data is appropriately identified, verified and validated, recorded and managed within Naval Logistics Information Systems (NLIS) maintaining integrity of configuration and technical data across the whole life-cycle in support of the Configuration Management function
- The direction and performance of tasks within the Configuration Management Tools as necessary to ensure a consistent approach and timely delivery of configured technical data to a quality that meets the requirements of the ISS contract.
- 5+ years’ experience in the Defence Acquisition and/or Sustainment environment in a similar role
- Experience in a Configuration Management role, controlling a range of products and technical data deliverables
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of engineering life cycle management principles and Configuration Controlling requirements
- Demonstrated experience in Configuration Management Tools and Systems in a naval maritime environment
The position is dependent on the candidate eligibility to obtain a Defence Security Clearance.
The suitable candidate needs to be ITARS cleared; therefore Thales needs to know if you hold any passport other than Australian, or have dual citizenship.
You will also need to successfully clear a pre-employment medical and police check.
Culture & Benefits at Thales
Thales can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We support our employees to develop professionally and succeed. We are a growing global organisation so hiring from within is our first priority, ensuring all our employees are given every opportunity to develop and build their career. We offer a variety of initiatives that support your wellbeing such as flexible work practices, salary sacrifice, novated leasing and purchased leave.
Thales is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!