About the company:
Crypto.com was founded in 2016 on a simple belief: it's a basic human right for everyone to control their money, data and identity. With over 2 million users on its platform today, Crypto.com provides a powerful alternative to traditional financial services, turning its vision of "cryptocurrency in every wallet" into reality, one customer at a time. Crypto.com is built on a solid foundation of security, privacy and compliance and is the first cryptocurrency company in the world to have CCSS Level 3, ISO27001:2013 and PCI:DSS 3.2.1, Level 1 compliance. Crypto.com is headquartered in Hong Kong with a 250+ strong team.
For more information, please visit www.crypto.com.
About the role:
The Compliance Manager Australia will join our Global Regulatory Compliance team, reporting to the Regional Compliance Officer located in Singapore and lead the company’s regulatory Compliance program(s) for all its growing business lines in Australia. Candidate must be a self-starter who exhibits strong passion for financial innovation.
In this role, you will:
- Act as the primary regulatory point of contact for Australian regulators;
- Work with internal stakeholders (eg Legal, Compliance, IT Security, etc) and external stakeholder (external Counsel, consultants) to assure quality and accurate response(s)/submission(s) to regulators with regard to licensing, registration and/or ongoing operational reporting;
- Work with different functions across the enterprise to assure a world-class regulatory regime;
- Build and maintain positive and proactive engagement with AUSTRAC;
- Take ownership of regulatory and compliance efforts in Australia;
- Maintain and own Australia based policies and procedures;
- Approve and file suspicious activity reports as needed;
- Maintain existing and drive ongoing licensing efforts; and
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities required to ensure all Crypto.com companies operating in Australia do so in accordance with local regulations.
- Expert knowledgeable of payment regulatory requirements (e.g. ASIC, AFSL etc) as well specific obligations with regard to AML/CTF (e.g. AML/CTF Act 2006 , PSA etc);
- Ability to manage multiple payment licenses and registration requirements in Australia and support a team of Compliance Officers across global markets, most notably in Asia Pacific;
- Knowledge and experience with transaction monitoring, onboarding, market surveillance, and risk assessments;
- Ability to distil complex legal/regulatory requirements into business English and actionable tasks;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - experience communicating at all levels of the organization and with external partners and regulators;
- Strong research, organizational, and computer literacy a must.
- Ability to robustly dive into regulatory requirements, effectively document and task manage across multiple projects, and provide updates concisely to senior management;
- 3-5 years in Compliance as MLRO or similar role;
- ACAMS and/or ICA certification in AML/Financial Crime, or equivalent, preferable.
- We offer an attractive compensation package working in a cutting-edge field of Fintech.
- Huge responsibilities from Day 1. Be the owner of your own learning curve. The possibilities are limitless and depend on you
- You get to work in a very dynamic environment and be part of an international team
- You will get to have involvement in developing a brand-new product from scratch alongside with a talented team