Community Support Professionals are responsible for working with and directly supporting a customer, as outlined in an individual's support plan. This role involves supporting customers to maintain their independence in a respectful, safe and dignified manner.
The Community Support Professional role involves working with customers to support them in many different aspects of their day-to-day life. It may involve supporting customers in their homes or the broader setting.
Certificate III in Aged Care and/or Disability Care or working towards the qualifications
Previous employment experience in community care or health/aged care, not for profit, community services sector
Support is provided in a manner that maintains the customer's independence, is respectful and safe. Community Support Professionals are key members of the customer's overall support team.
Skills and experience
- Values based approach and commitment to Consumer Directed Care
- Current and clear Criminal Record Check
- Current Working with Children Check (where required in accordance with state based legislation)
- Current Local Driver's Licence
- Current First Aid certificate
- Reliable motor vehicle (including valid registration and comprehensive third party insurance)
- Mobile phone with internet connection compatible with Just Better Care requirements (Mobility Options and Intranet requirements)
- Ability to work as part of a Team and maintain good working relationships
- Commitment to self-improvement
- Good written and verbal skills in English
- Certificate III in Aged Care and/or Disability Care or working towards the qualifications
- Previous employment experience in community care or health/aged care, not for profit, community services sector