Georgiou is a national building construction and civil engineering company, delivering major projects across Australia. Our aim is to be 'the best people to work with'. Our brand is a result of our Georgiou Way values of safety, profit, relationships, people and innovation. At Georgiou, we create a workplace where people excel and invest in our people through all aspects of their lives.
Due to continued growth Georgiou have an opportunity for a Community Relations Advisor to join our project based civil construction business. This position will suit a recent Communications Graduate looking to begin a successful career in the construction industry, working on exciting Perth based infrastructure projects.
Based on site your role will include:
- Providing community and stakeholder engagement advice to the project team
- Dealing with the public, community and residents to answer queries and communicate project requirements
- Development and implementation of communications, community and stakeholder engagement strategies
- Heavy involvement in planning the work staging to ensure community and stakeholder objectives are achieved
- Create and disperse newsletters, regular reporting and stakeholder updates
- Liaise directly with local residents, businesses and stakeholders to identify and manage community concerns
- Develop strong internal and external relationships with local businesses, residents, key stakeholders and the project team
What we are seeking:
- Previous public relations and community engagement experience
- Highly developed communications skills and proven ability in active listening, negotiation and conflict management
- Problem solver, be analytical with the ability to multitask with a strong client/customer focus and a team player approach.
- Qualification in Public Relations/Communications/Journalism/Marketing – or equivalent
- Outstanding organisational and communication skills
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary package
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work arrangements available
- Growing business with career development opportunities
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- The opportunity to work with a diverse and engaged group of people
Please visit our website www.georgiou.com.au for more information or to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.
Georgiou is an equal opportunity employer and a WGEA Pay Equity Ambassador