Australian Unity is a national health, wealth and living organisation with $1 billion in revenue, providing services to more than 750,000 Australians. We are a mutual organisation with over 320,000 members and employ over 7000 people. Our purpose is to help people thrive.
Celebrating our 180 years of community support, we are here to make a difference every day, small things, big things and everything in between. We encourage you to join our team in this meaningful journey and make a difference in your local community.
Our Home & Disability Services business is experiencing significant growth and we have an exciting opportunity for a Community Liaison Manager for our Northern Sydney Home care branchbased in Hornsby on a Permanent Full-Time basis. This position includes some travel between offices in Horsnby (Upper North Shore) and Dee Why (Northern beaches)
As a Community Liaison Manager, you will build and manage relationships with complex care clients to ensure effective case management and build a high performing local team to ensure quality care and support service delivery.
What would you do as our Community Liaison Manager?
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Support and coach staff to achieve continued professional growth and skill development
- Effective communication and involvement with clients/relatives
- Build relationships with retirement living, aged care and community customers
- Identify opportunities for and implementation of quality improvement to support efficiency and productivity
- Collaborate with Allocations team to ensure workforce rostering is compatible
- Keep abreast of innovation in products and service delivery in aged care
- Establish and promote a strong customer focussed culture
- Ensure all documentation and reporting meets relevant standards, guidelines and legislation
What are we looking for?
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading a team
- Appropriate qualification in Care with Community experience (E.g.: Certificate III in Aged Care and/or Home and Community Services, Case Management or Nursing)
- Strong organisational skills
- Competent using MS Suite and able to pick up internal systems quickly
- Adaptable to embrace change and use your initiative to find a more efficient way of working.
- Knowledge and understanding of Home Care standards and DOHA package guidelines
What can Australian Unity offer you?
- Salary packaging
- One day for Community Leave per year
- An opportunity to progress and develop within our business
- Great Health and Wellbeing related benefits
Due to current climate and high volume of interest, successful applicants will be invited to attend virtual based interviews
Should an applicant be the preferred candidate, background checks (including police checks, reference checks, ASIC banned and disqualified persons and bankruptcy checks) will be completed prior to the candidate's employment being confirmed. The outcomes of the background checks do not automatically bar candidates; however, will be assessed against the inherent requirements of the job.
Join us and thrive!
Australian Unity is an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from Indigenous, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and, mature aged people. To view our Reconciliation Action Plan, please click https://www.australianunity.com.au/about-us/reconciliation-action-plan