Your new company
Work for one of Australia's largest insurers!
Your new role
The Underwriting position would suit someone who thrives in a high-performance team and enjoys working with people. This role will see you regularly communicating with brokers with a strong focus on building relationships with various stakeholders. You will be required to work collaboratively in the team and produce quality technical underwriting.
- Understand the Commercial & Agri business plan and how your role contributes towards the plan.
- Underwrite insurance risks in line with product guidelines.
- Deliver timely service outcomes for partners and stakeholders in line with agreed standards
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure ways of working are in line with nationally agreed policies and protocols
- Referring more complex risks to Lead Underwriters or higher underwriting licence holders.
What you'll need to succeed
- Underwriting or Broking Experience with a previous focus on commercial underwriting is highly preferred.
- Have up to date knowledge of the insurance industry and products.
- Have a strong understanding of Risk Management principles and be able to translate this to Risk Analysis and Selection.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to develop successful working relationships with stakeholders and other team members.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What you'll get in return
- Exceptional employee benefits!
- Flexible working conditions.
- First class training and support.
- Career progression opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2631012