Location: Rydalmere, Australia
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
We€™re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. Talk to us about any support or accessibility requirements you may need and how we support flexibility in the workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage a flexible work culture.
About Your Role
As a Commercial Manager within our Ground Transportation Systems team you will:
- Oversee contractual obligations and manage commercial issues to contract closure, ensuring that the contractual commitments undertaken are relevant and consistent; are clearly described; are ethical; are well understood by those tasked with delivering them; and are complied with and identifying and monitoring potential subjects of disagreement/dispute. Where relevant arrange for support and liaise with project personnel on disputes or litigation. Maintain dispute file
- work with Project Manager(s) to proactively manage risks and opportunities in relation to the contractual aspects of the projects
- Establish and maintain professional and effective relationships with customers, commercial representatives, and counterparts
- Act as a trusted adviser
- Ensure that the contractual commitments with the customer, suppliers and subcontractors are relevant and consistent, clearly described; ethical, well understood by those tasked with delivering them.
- Prepare variation, extension of time and other claim correspondence and documentation.
- Keep abreast of the performance of any contract administration / management activities that may be undertaken other than by the L&C team
How About You?
You hold the following skills and attributes:
- Successful track record (preferably within rail transportation and technology either within Australia or overseas) in the provision of contract support (5 years as a guide) that has facilitated the successful delivery of complex and high value projects and business outcomes.
- Sound business, commercial and regulatory knowledge and experience.
- Application of risk and opportunity management
- Post Graduate qualifications or training in the areas of Business, Finance/Accounting, Law, Project Management, Commercial Management or Engineering is desirable.
Good to Know
You€™ll receive an email acknowledgement after you€™ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
Prior to offer you€™ll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!