Commercial Manager - Resources
- Strategic and operational role
- Develop your executive exposure with clients and in-house team
- Brisbane and Perth based opportunities
Successful, sustainable and an enjoyable place to work – is this your new Commercial Leadership position with G&S Engineering Services?
G&S Engineering offer comprehensive services that encompass the entire project lifecycle from construction of mine, port and energy projects, through maintenance and optimisation to final decommissioning and deconstruction. Our capabilities include all structural, mechanical, piping, electrical and instrumentation, manufacturing and fabrication, and engineering disciplines.
G&S Engineering is built on the foundations of honesty and integrity. Our core values are the basis of our culture and driver of our strategies:
Safety and wellbeing is our first consideration
We work as a team
We listen and communicate
We go the extra yard
We don’t walk past because we care
Due to ongoing growth and our capacity to deliver exceptional service and solutions, this is where you come in managing construction or asset management related contracts for a variety of projects. With significant general management experience of commercial matters, complex technical contract negotiation and formation, contract management and tendering, your pre and post contract capacity across various projects will be recognised.
You will ensure commercial terms and complex contract negotiation and advice between the company and its clients are delivered ensuring improvements in performance, compliance, cost, safety, risk and quality.
The key to this role is your ability to report on project “health status” providing regular updates to the Senior Commercial Manager ensuring transparency and communication across all projects.
Sound like you? Are you ticking the boxes?
- Ideally Tertiary qualified (although extensive contract and commercial management experience will be highly regarded and is welcomed) in Commerce, Finance, Economics, Contract Administration or Business
- 10+ years in a comparable role in construction, mining, engineering or similar heavy industry
- Strong commercial awareness with head Contract exposure and upstream contract management background
- Thorough understanding of project controls and project performance metrics within the commercial construction sector
- Excellent knowledge of Australian/British Contract Law
- Highly competent at assessing risk and advising senior management on tender and project risk and opportunities
- Be able to report commercial/contractual qualifications and correspondence
- Scheduling and cost control is managed by the project controls team however your charter is to manage the variations as well as impact and delay analysis in real time.
- Thorough understanding of scheduling ‘best practice’ in civil, SMP and E&I (P6 Primavera basic understanding highly valued for purpose of analysis)
- You will be responsible for managing all contractual notices in accordance with contractual terms and to advise senior management well in advance of all potential claims
- Ongoing liaison with client representatives, contractors and vendors
- Development of templates to develop sub contractor and supply agreements with the support of Legal
- Advanced MS word suite skills including Excel and PowerPoint
You are noted as a Safety leader and will strive to deliver and promote this value to our existing safety culture.
Your ability to build professional relationships with key stakeholders and your immediate team is second to none. You are known for your outstanding commercial acumen, positive attitude and business savvy – a true leader with the emotional intelligence and win-win approach to truly make the difference.
Benefits of working at G&S Engineering:
Our first consideration is your safety and wellbeing, our success is achieved only through the ability, determination and passion of our people.
- Extensive career development through our Learning and Development team.
- Employee assistance programs for you and your family.
- Staff leisure discounted rates at multiple airlines, car rentals and equipment hire companies.
- Monthly Health and Wellbeing initiatives.
- Medibank Private Health discounts.
There is a requirement to travel for regular site visits in this role, the frequency is driven by the relevant projects under your portfolio and differs from project to project.
Ready to grow, be supported in your journey and achieve with your new company, G&S Engineering then we welcome your interest and application.
Keen to share in our success, apply now and for a confidential discussion as to your start date, please contact Christine Collins – Recruiter G&S Engineering Brisbane on 0407 858015.