ABOUT THE COMPANY
Murphy Builders provides a comprehensive range of award-winning building services throughout Queensland, New South Wales and the Northern Territory. With over 40 years’ experience, the Murphy team manage commercial, industrial and residential projects of all shapes and sizes with project values ranging from $150k to $20m. For distinction in construction, there’s only one choice: Murphy Builders.
Due to continued growth and a steady stream of private, local and state government projects on the Sunshine Coast and interstate, a rare opportunity has become available for an experienced Commercial Estimator to join the Commercial Estimating team.
As an employer of choice, Murphy Builders is committed to recognising and rewarding hard work, whilst providing a supportive environment with good work/life balance.
The successful candidate will bring to the business proven success, delivering commercial and residential development construction projects up to $20 million in value.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, submit and manage tenders and related documentation up to $20 million in value
- Liaise with local and state government authorities and other building associations
- Measure and price builder's quantities
- Evaluate and compare suppliers and subcontractor pricing to ensure competitive and accurate pricing throughout the tender period
- Collate and analyse data relating to land, buildings or construction
- Liaise with subcontractors to ensure they have an in-depth understanding of the building program and scope of works.
What you will need to succeed:
- Tertiary qualifications in estimating and/or quantity surveying
- Minimum of 5 years' post-grad commercial and residential development estimating experience (up to $20 million in value)
- Proven local experience (preferred but not necessary)
- Internet and IT conversant (MS suites including, Word, Excel (Advanced), Outlook, MS Project, and Buildsoft Cubit, Mudshark)
- Confident, self-driven and well organised
- Ability to quickly build strong rapport and lasting relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- First-class customer service skills
- An innate eye for detail
- Able to work autonomously and within a team.
Unfortunately, we are not able to respond to all applications. We will only be contacting shortlisted applicants.
Interested in applying?
Please click on 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your resume with a cover letter to [email protected]