Collections Customer Service Officer - 6 month contract
- Perform Collections activities for Invoice Payments for our Asset Finance and Leasing business
- Opportunity to grow your existing capability in Asset Finance and drive your own career pathway within BOQ
- 6 month Max Term Contract - Sydney CBD Based
Join one of Australia's top 100 listed companies. BOQ Finance are passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and competitive environment.
We support a flexible workplace and have a collaborative team environment. You will be part of a professional team in the Sydney CBD and gain exposure to a diverse portfolio of clients and products.
BOQ Finance delivers asset finance solutions to SME and mid-market corporates predominately via intermediaries. Our partners are increasingly demanding access to a broader range of finance and banking services including Debtor Finance, Trade Finance, Inventory Finance, in addition to Asset Finance; delivered as part of broader relationship and solution-focused proposition which is enabled by a full banking relationship with the business customer of the intermediary.
About the Role:
The purpose of this role is to complete collections activities within the BOQ Asset Finance & Leasing business.
The Collections Customer Service Officer is responsible for soft collections of unpaid invoices supporting functions to Asset Finance & Leasing business. The role will ensure Finance Operations tasks are delivered to the agreed SLA’s. The individual will develop and maintain strong working relationships with sales and service teams to deliver on customer and business outcomes.
You will also be performing customer database processing and transactional accounting processing for some of our industry leading vendor suppliers.
To be successful in this role you will have the below skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience in a similar role is essential
- Relevant Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance desirable
- Intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong account reconciliation experience
- Transactional Processing experience
- Experience using Finance One or other Finance software systems
- Experience in using INSYSTON or similar customer database systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth, high demand environment
- Flexible and willing to learn variety of tasks across the team.
- Ability to work independently and solve problems to customer and business needs
- Strong customer service ethic
- Ability to communicate with customers and key stakeholders across the business
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- High level of attention to detail
- A self-motivated individual with a desire to improve and evolve in a changing environment
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your experience in Asset Finance and carve out a career with an ASX 100 finance leader. BOQ genuinely enable you the opportunity to develop your career and branch off into various career pathways in the wider BOQ Business.
BOQ culture and benefits
Work for one of Australia's top 100 listed companies. BOQ are passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and competitive environment.
We support a flexible workplace and our office in Chifley Tower in the Sydney CBD provides a great work environment with collaborative open space. Benefits include;
- Discounted financial products
- Salary packaging options
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Gym discounts and much more!
How to apply?
To apply for this role please follow the links, alternatively you can view the role on our Careers Page, https://boq-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?company_id=16496&version=1
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
BOQ is a member of the Australian Bankers’ Association and has subscribed to the Conduct Background Check Protocol (Protocol). Under the Protocol, from 1 October 2017, BOQ will contact any previous employer/s who are also part of this association to provide a Conduct Check of any potential employee.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.