Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
About the Role
As a Cloud DevOps Engineer, you are primarily responsible for delivering projects and will be called upon to build and develop cloud services relating to Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS (be they IaaS, PaaS or other).
As a Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will be required to adhere to Datacom’s public cloud design and architecture methodology. You must be capable of working with minimal supervision and building relationships with peers and management.
What you’ll do
As a Cloud DevOps Engineer you will:
- Consult – the provision of technical knowledge in relation to solutions to resolve customer technical challenges
- Implement – the provision of technical services with an automation first approach and build of customer Cloud Landing Zones including security, networking, identity and associated resources
- Migrate – the migration of services to the cloud platform.
- Develop strong internal and external relationships, displaying technical excellence during all facets of each engagement.
What you’ll bring
As a client facing Cloud DevOps Engineer you will have a minimum of 8 years IT industry experience, coupled with 3-5 years Cloud Project Delivery. You will have proven technical delivery in large enterprise and mission critical environments. Exceptional customer awareness is a must, as is strong personal time management and priority setting skills. You will thrive on design, implementation, and delivery capability in enterprise technologies with a specialisation towards public cloud. You will also bring excellent knowledge of enterprise solutions on public cloud platforms.
We are looking for the following core technical skills:
- Experience in DevOps tool-chains & server-less technologies (Node.js, Docker orchestration, bash scripting, etc)
- Network & Infrastructure
- Identity & Access Management (IAM)
- OS (Linux and Windows)
- PowerShell and/or AWS CLI
- Relational Database (SQL, NoSQL, etc)
- Migration tooling such as CloudEndure and Azure Migrate
- Application Server Architecture (E.G. SQL Server / Biztalk / SharePoint / Dynamics)
- Knowledge and experience in Azure Platform offerings, such as Azure SQL, Functions and Windows Virtual Desktop are highly regarded.
If this sounds like your next career adventure, apply now as we can’t wait to meet you!
The Nitty Gritty
We have over 6,500 people across our global offices and generate an annual revenue of over NZ $1.2 billion annually. This makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies.
We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations.
With this comes a long list of significant clients and Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds to serve those clients.
We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.