In Technology Cloud Engineering, our mission is “to enable customers to realize the significant value of Oracle Cloud by providing an industry leading experience through the provision of lifecycle technical expertise”.
To simplify and enhance our customer experience by evolving the technical cloud ecosystem and framework enabling our teams to maximise their technical and commercial capabilities and deliver value for our customers and Oracle.
Responsibilities will include
- Account aligned, this role is responsible for the full adoption lifecycle from project concept to usage and expansion within the customer.
- Maintains an awareness of the topology and workloads within the customer and is highly technically competent.
- Advises on projects - M and I etc
- Drives alignment with the Cloud Sales Rep, working as a team within the customer to define/drive sales strategy
- Conducts/orchestrates the technical teams/skills required to ensure our technology is driving customer business outcome and sustainable usage/growth
- Technical due diligence to achieve the “Technical Win”
- Monitors the Customer Adoption Health (looking at usage and and impact on business KPIs)
- Drives value realization along the engagement lifecycle
- Responsible for Renewal/Usage Growth
- Actively involved in the Oracle account team in defining and driving the consumption growth strategy
- Assists teams, or allocates resources, for responses to RFXs and technical requirements documents
- Is accountable for the successful experience of customer(s) in their territory.
- Understands customers overall portfolio, IT and business priorities and establishes a solution that addresses customer needs.
- Is the Trusted Advisor to customers.
- Informs customers/prospects on the Oracle emerging technologies and how they will create value and competitive differentiation
- Presents Oracle's technology and andinfrastructure demonstrating deep familiarity with company's infrastructure, security and integration capabilities.
- Is the internal point of contact for updates on account health, renewal likelihood, etc. Represents the voice of the customer.
- Acts as customer SPOC for cloud engineering related aspects
- Responsible for bringing in Specialist Engineering support to ensure design and positioning of solution to the satisfaction of customer stakeholders.
- Leads, or pulls in the right resources, for the solution building preparation and presentation of customer driven demos to diverse audiences, representing the capabilities of the Oracle Cloud Platform.
- Involved in activities in the solution agreement phase to help position the value of Oracle’s Cloud and set customer expectations.
- Takes ownership for utilizing the right resources to manage and coordinate customer escalations and resolutions efforts xLOB, and with external stakeholders, to ensure a joined-up approach with the customer in terms of actions and communications
- Takes ownership for coordinating xlob resources to conduct Architecture and Technical Workshops, h during the Sales and Adoption cycles
- Manages customer technical due diligence and risk management processes
- As the customer cloud lifecycle manager the role is also to understand/be aware of ongoing projects through Oracle partners/ACS/OCS.
- Runs the customer value realization process by helping them achieve measurable benefits and ensuring success using Oracle Cloud.
Outcome is to maximize usage and usage growth of Oracle Cloud
- Broad technical experience of Oracle Cloud solutions along with high levels of experience in implementing and accompanying customers in Oracle Cloud adoption including a good understanding of cloud architecture. The role will primarily focus on cloud but as/when it meets customer needs will be involved in hybrid on premise/cloud designs.
- Demonstrates leadership capability including the ability to delegate responsibility to the right teams/skills sets.
- Clearly able to articulate the Cloud offerings in the market and with the ability to discuss architectures
- Fluent in current Oracle PaaS and andIaaS products and experienced in designing simple through to complex and large-scale cloud projects
- Expertise and hands-on experience in Oracle PaaS and IaaS related technologies – such as Java, integration, mobile, security, storage, compute, and networking.
- Translate needs into solutions leading to customer success
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for a group with high degree of comfort speaking across all levels of management (eg IT management, Architects, administrators and executives).
- Is Certified in OCI and/or database cloud service
- Familiar with 3rd party and Oracle Architecture frameworks (eg TOGAF, ECal)
- High level of commercial business understanding
- Intelligence to identify key trends and insights and leverage them in driving decision making and execution within customer
- Experience in engaging and influencing senior leaders.
- Ability to build relationships to grow business. Act as a partner to our customers, not just a vendor.
- Strong collaboration skills and drive for impact and influence
- Experience of owning customer loyalty, culture and change management
- Experience in conflict resolution and negotiation
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.