DISABILITY SUPPORT WORKER
- Experience the difference working for CPA
- No shift work (Monday – Friday work between 9am – 3pm)
- Permanent part time opportunities
- Competitive remuneration package
At Cerebral Palsy Alliance we are committed to providing world-class services for people living with a broad range of disabilities. As an organisation we embed our values of Integrity, Passion, Excellence, Courage and Respect into our practices every day. We are here to make a difference in people’s lives, and support them in connecting and engaging with their communities.
YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE TO START 10 JANUARY 2020
We have an exciting opportunity for you to be part of a brand new team. New purpose built, state-of-the-art homes will provide our clients with a high level of care, support and community participation.
This role is to assist our clients enjoy social or recreational activities, build essential life skills and participate in their local community.
The role includes -
- Companion support for social events, recreation or sporting activities
- Personal and domestic assistance for clients at home or in the neighbourhood, including attending appointments, shopping,
- Supporting clients to build new skills through the delivery of client-centred, innovative program such as arts & craft, music, health & fitness
- Assisting clients at meal times, with personal care needs and administering medication
We have positions available for experienced disability support workers or people who are wishing to break into the disability sector:
- You must be available to cover shifts in Rooty Hill, Prairewood, Guildford, Blacktown (from May 2020) & Liverpool
- You have been described as an outstanding communicator who is empathetic and compassionate
- You have a professional approach, are accountable with a high level of motivation
- You are upbeat, energetic and think “outside the square”
- You must have a current NSW Driver’s License (P2 minimum) and access to a car
- You must have, or willing to obtain prior to starting, a current First Aid Certificate, CPR & Working with Children Check
What we can offer you -
- A place where you can learn and grow from the leaders in the disability market
- A place where you can be valued and appreciated through our Reward & Recognition program
- Comprehensive 3 week training before you start working with clients, then ongoing training and professional development
- Opportunities for tax free remuneration benefits which increase your take home pay
- Shifts on Monday – Friday work between 9am – 3pm (maximum 24 hrs per week), there may be opportunities to work on the weekend.
Please click “Apply Now” or call our Talent Acquisition team on 9975 8000 for more information. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, thank you for your interest.
Cerebral Palsy Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strong encourage applications from those who identify as having a disability, identify as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, are culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) or sexuality and gender diverse (LGBTIQA+)