Client Side Project Manager - Childcare Centre Upgrades
G8 Education is an ASX 200 organisation and leading provider of quality early education and care services. Owning over 500 Centres across Australia and Singapore and with over 11,000 team members, we are continually expanding and looking to grow and strengthen our network.
About the role:
The successful client side Project Manager will play a major part for ensuring our child Care upgrade and refurbishment projects is completed in line with our safety, quality, costs and schedule targets.
Key responsibilities include:
- For each centre that has been identified for an upgrade:
- Work collaboratively with Centre Upgrades team members and internal stakeholders from areas such as Operations, Compliance, Safety and Design, agree the scope of the works to be undertaken.
- Develop the project plan containing scope, costs, schedule and other relevant components and ensure the plan is approved in line with the Group’s policies and procedures.
- Manage the complete quotation/tender process for selection of preferred suppliers to complete the agreed works in line with the Group’s procurement policies and procedures according to relevant National, State and Local Government code, legislation and bylaws.
- Regularly monitor progress against the approved project plan, escalating issues and taking actions to ensure the project is completed in line with the agreed plan.
- Develop and maintain a reporting framework for the identified portfolio of projects, with the reports clearly setting out progress and forecasts for each project against the relevant criteria (quality, cost, scope, schedule, safety, compliance, risk.
- Conduct or direct regular site meetings and contractor/consultant meetings to ensure safety, compliance, quality, scope, design and reporting requirements are being met.
- Provide regular reporting to the Program Manager for promulgation within the Property, Operations and Executive teams including forecasts and recommendations for each project to enable pro-active decisions to be made.
- Ensure that all projects that are undertaken are compliant with all relevant regulatory requirements (building codes, National Quality Standards, WH&S legislation etc).
Ideally you will have:
- 5+ years’ experience working in a project management role in related industries, with projects varying in size and complexity.
- Ability to execute multiple projects in a timely manner.
- High degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Strong ethics and genuine approach towards WHS.
- Sound financial and commercial acumen.
- Solutions orientated with good problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptability, flexibility and able to respond positively to change.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrates initiative, capacity to work without supervision and confidence in decision making.
- Tertiary qualification in Project Management or equivalent.
Why you should choose us:
- Attractive salary package including performance incentive scheme
- Generous discount on childcare fees, available on commencement
- Exclusive access to our employee benefits program covering a wide range of discounts and promotions
- Dedicated focus on professional growth and development
This is a rare opportunity; if you want a diverse, challenging and personally fulfilling role, apply now!
G8 Education is a committed advocate for child protection, safety and wellbeing. As an organisation, we have a zero tolerance to any form of child abuse or harm. The safety and well-being of children will always be our priority and we have an expectation that all of our team members embrace this shared commitment.
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only. G8 Education reserves the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.