Aruma needs YOU (yes, you!)
Client Engagement Coordinator |Reservoir| Full-time
At Aruma, we support people with disabilities to live great lives. It’s the reason we exist – after all, why should anyone have to settle for anything less? And to make this a reality, we rely on the skill and commitment of our Aruma team.
Our Aruma team is an incredible bunch of people. They’re bold, brave and courageous. They see possibilities where others may not. They stand up for the things that matter and stand together as a team. And while they’re serious about human rights, they have a knack for finding joy in life – even in the most unexpected places.
When you’re part of the Aruma team, you’re not just supporting people. You’re pioneering new paths, challenging assumptions, daring to think differently, and telling society to raise its bar much higher.
We’re after people who have values similar to ours, but there’s no specific ‘mould’ you need to fit (after all, we need a team that’s as diverse as our customers!).
There are, however, a few boxes you’ll need to tick:
- Diploma or Certificate IV in Disability or a related discipline
- Delivery of disability services, preferably in a community setting
- Substantial knowledge of and demonstrated skill in the application of
- Experience and understanding of the requirements of a leading community and residential disability services
- Substantial working knowledge of roster development and implementation within a community setting
- Financial management, particularly understanding client expenditure processes and accountabilities
- Managing workforce issues including supervision, performance management, performance improvement plans, coaching and mentoring
- Managing multiple work sites and teams, including facilitating team processes such as team meetings, training calendars and communicating with large work groups
- Managing a variety of complex disability or related client presentations and complexities, including an awareness of outcome measures used in the disability field.
- Knowledge of contemporary models of practice and/or evidenced based practice in the disability sector
- Substantial working knowledge of the relevant legislation that governs disability practice in Victoria and safe workforce management
So, who is Aruma?
We’re glad you asked! Aruma is a new name in disability services, but we’re definitely not the new kids on the block. You might remember us as House with No Steps and The Tipping Foundation, two great organisations, with over 100 years of combined experience, who came together in 2018. Find out more about us at aruma.com.au
Our success depends on YOU. We’d love to hear your story.