At Link Group we are dedicated and focused on providing innovative solutions to clients within the Superannuation industry. Founded in 2000, Link Group are already in 17 countries with over 7,000 employees globally and 4,300 employees in Australia alone! We have over 8+ million members and we are the business of choice to more than 50 funds.
Link Group offers innovative solutions and processes, combined with our proprietary technology to deliver a comprehensive financial data solution to all our Superannuation clients, servicing an underlying stakeholder base of over 10 million superannuation account holders. We support clients across all superannuation fund sectors including government, industry, retail and corporate.
Our team will work with our clients and members every step of the way and help achieve superior outcomes through effective solutions.
Purpose of the role
As a Claims Assessor your role is to provide a specialised assessment service to Insurers and trustees of Superannuation Funds. This service covers Terminal Illness, Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) and Income Protection claims.
Duties and responsibilities;
- Manage the initial and ongoing assessment of new and existing claims within agreed SLA timeframes
- Prepare all claim submissions and documentation as required
- Liaise with claimant and all parties involved to ensure all information is correct and accurate
- Provide strong communication with members and third parties, and ensure follow-up activities are completed via telephone and emails
- Manage your own portfolio of claims
- Provide quality service and assistance to members with all enquiries
- Consistently apply medical, legal, claim assessment and superannuation knowledge to assess the merits of a member’s claim
- Build meaningful relationships with client, Insurers, external providers and trustee’s
- Provide exceptional customer service to all involved
The above list of key accountabilities is not an exhaustive list and may change from time to time based on business needs
- Solid experience dealing with members / customers / clients
- knowledge of Life Insurance, Terminal Illness, TPD, Income Protection – Ideal
- Proven experience within Financial Services
- Ability to interpret data, legislation and insurance policies and tailor to audience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience in a customer focus role
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Excellent knowledge of MSO suite.
What’s in it for you?
- A full 6 week training program on commencement
- Full training and support to become accredited to make your own claim decisions
- Great working environment and team culture
- Employee benefits
- Fantastic modern office building in Docklands
At Link Group we attribute our success to our wonderfully diverse workforce serving our equally diverse clients and members. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and welcome applications from everyone including but not limited to LGBTIQ identifying individuals, all ethnic origins, all ages, all disabilities and gender diverse individuals
Link Group runs a successful and evolving national Corporate Social Responsibility program. Join us in helping those disadvantaged (physically or financially), needing assistance with education, addressing health concerns affecting our society, advancing our Indigenous Australians and migrants and securing our environmental future. Together, we can make positive change locally and internationally.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates that have the appropriate rights to work permanently in Australia. Successful applicants will be required to complete background screening prior to commencement of employment.