Aestec Services requires an experienced Civil/Construction Estimator to join our team servicing clients in the Gladstone region. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in Civil / Construction estimation including compiling competitive submission documents.
Aestec are a leading local building and civil company based in Gladstone QLD with a reputation for success. We have a very professional team of experienced tradesmen including Carpenters, Concretors, Steel fixers, Plumbers, Mechanical trades, Sheet metal workers, Boiler makers and Plant Operators.
Our focus on Safety, Quality, Integrity and Performance will make sure that we exceed the client’s expectations consistently. If you are looking for an ongoing career not just an ordinary job, Aestec is the right company for you.
This is not a FIFO or DIDO position.
The Estimator is responsible for estimating multiple tenders from ‘Request for Tender’ stage to Tender Submission.
- Receive and evaluate tenders for viability for the organisation
- Communicate with potential or existing Clients for any additional information required
- Assess and complete take offs from drawings or plans
- Source and negotiate with Sub-Contractors or Suppliers for pricing of services
- Attend site visits and pre and post tender meetings with stakeholders
- Review tenders and estimating process to provide cost effective solutions
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in Civil/Construction estimation
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite; predominately Word, Excel, Outlook and MS Project
- Strong knowledge of estimating metrics and analysis of specifications and related technical data
- Confident with the interpretation of project drawings or plans and specifications
- Ability to interpret scopes of work to tender holistically
- A result driven approach and flawless attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of construction and building practices
- Degree qualified or substantial industry experience
Attractive salary, fully maintained company vehicle, mobile phone and laptop.
Please submit a cover letter addressing required criteria, resume and copies of your current qualifications, tickets and licenses to 28 Benaraby Road, Gladstone QLD 4680 or by email to [email protected]
Only successful applicants will be notified.