Chinese Executive Chef
Ranked among the top 20 most valuable brands in Australia, Crown Resorts is at the forefront of the casino operations and development in Australia in addition to recognition as an employer of choice. Crown wholly owns and operates two of Australia€™s leading integrated resorts €“ Crown Melbourne and Crown Perth with our third property, Crown Sydney, set to open in 2020.
Setting a new benchmark in curated experience and luxury sophistication, Crown Sydney is set to become Sydney€™s most sought after luxury destination for domestic and international travellers a like, promising its guests an experience above all else.
Reporting to the Culinary Director, this is a key leadership role working across the Asian kitchens throughout the complex. The Chinese Executive Chef will need to bring with them new innovative ideas with high levels of business acumen that demonstrates vision and desire for continuous improvement through cost and labour analysis. The successful candidate will need to have proven experience working authentic Asian cuisine from delicious casual fare to the very best in Chinese Cuisine, service and guest experience that has been gained in awarded restaurants with diverse teams as well as strong people management and motivation skills.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Experience in implementing and driving exceptional standards of Asian cuisine.
- An expert knowledge of regional cuisines in China and the ability to produce authentic flavour profiles.
- Experience in the production of Dim Sum, hand made noodles on a large scale without compromising on quality
- A passion and drive focused on all Asian cuisines.
- Proven experience leading large and diverse teams
- Strong financial knowledge with the ability to identify opportunities to improve revenue streams
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English and Mandarin/Cantonese.
- The ability to drive a culture in the kitchen teams to go above and beyond guest expectations every time.
What we offer you:
- Free staff meals while on shift
- Discounts in Crown restaurants, hotels and retail outlets
- Easy access to public transport
- The opportunity to be part of the pre-opening team.
How to apply:
If you are ready to take the next step in your culinary career and believe you have the tools to learn and be part of our award €“winning team apply now.
As part of Crown€™s inclusive culture, we strongly encourage applications across all cultural backgrounds, genders and abilities.
Applications close: Sunday 5th of July 2020