Childcare Traineeship | Cherrybrook
At Guardian Childcare & Education we celebrate childhood. The magic, the wonder, the endless possibilities and the sense of adventure. Guardian is a place where our people are recognised and rewarded for bringing their whole self to work.
Our small 39-place centre in Cherrybrook is rated exceeding in the National Quality Standard. Located within the West Pennant Hills valley, the centre is close to public transport including Cherrybrook Train station and has available street parking. With a community-minded team of Educators, there’s always something happening at Playdays. Regular guests include the dentist, Swim Safe team, optometrist, Rangers on the Run and a chick hatching program. Allow your career to thrive at Guardian Cherrybrook.
As a part of our Trainee program you will gain on the job experience whilst studying. We pay for the course and you will receive an hourly rate for all hours worked. Upon successful completion of the traineeship, you will be issued with a nationally recognised Certificate III in Children’s services
The Centre Manager, your Educator team members and the program assessor will provide you with regular support, you will also enjoy;
- Building and maintaining meaningful relationships with children, families and fellow educators and the broader centre community
- Assisting in providing a safe and stimulating environment which meets the social, cultural, emotional, and educational needs of the children and families
- Preparing the children’s play and learning materials for the days activities. Then in collaboration with your peers extend children’s thinking and learning through intentional teaching strategies, inspiring environments and spontaneous play experiences.
To be considered for a Traineeship, you will:
- Have a genuine interest in a long-term career within Early Childhood education
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Be willing to commit to a 12-month traineeship program
- Hold no previous formal qualifications (in any field)
- Be willing to obtain a Working with Children Check.
- Fully paid Traineeship program, plus earn an hourly rate whilst you learn on the job
- Career advancement opportunities once your Traineeship is complete, including permanent Educator positions
- Access to great professional development including our Guardian Diploma program
- Recognition program; rewarding outstanding performances individuals and teams as well as compelling incentives for key achievements.
- The Annual Educator awards night.
- Employee referral program – Earn up to $3,000.
- Generous Childcare discounts for your own children.
- Flexibility and support with a range of full-time, and part-time opportunities, we can work with you to balance both the team’s members and family’s needs.
So, what are you waiting for? To start your career, apply now to join Guardian Childcare & Education.
We offer referrals for both Guardian and non-Guardian employees. For more details, visit: guardian.edu.au/careers/refer-your-friends