Are you seeking a greater work /life balance? Do you enjoy being creative in the kitchen and running your own operation? Do you enjoy working with children?
Make the move to Earth Kids North Turramurra and make 2021 your best year yet!
We are looking for an experienced cook to join the team at Earth Kids North Turramurra to produce high quality, nutritious Meals and snacks for 49 children each day.
Our children enjoy delightful indoor and outdoor play areas, rooms equipped with the latest age-appropriate technology and learning resources, and a range of activities. At capacity our centre caters for 49 children with operating hours between 6.30am to 6.30pm. Our focus is on providing children with simple, nutrient-rich, unprocessed and seasonal whole foods.
Our building is eco-friendly and was designed to create a unique space that uses natural elements and recycled materials to enhance the children’s and our staff’s experience, while minimising the ecological footprint of the building and the operation of the business. Where possible waste is minimised. Fruit, vegetable and meat suppliers reuse packaging and organic material is composted.
As part of the Team, you will feel appreciated, valued and enjoy a truly supportive and fun work environment.
For more information and photos, please visit our centre's website: https://www.earlylearningservices.com.au/childcare-turramurra
- You are confident in creating delicious weekly seasonal menus that meet the dietary needs of our children according to their developmental requirements
- Experienced in Menu planning, budgeting, stock ordering & control
- Experienced in ensuring a clean and safe kitchen environment in accordance with the relevant Food Safety regulations
- Be a Team Player with great communication and interpersonal skills
- Be available for set shift days and times Monday to Friday for a total of 25 hours per week
Successful Applicants must hold
- A Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or an ACECQA approved Early Childhood qualification and experience in a cook role
- A current Working with Children Check/ DCSI Clearance, First Aid and current RAN certificate
- Completed or willing to complete Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- You will also share our commitment to bringing learning to life, inspiring the children in our care to reach their full potential.
With more than 500 early learning centres nationwide, G8 Education has the resources to reward your dedication with generous benefits and opportunities to grow:
- Opportunities to advance your career within G8’s network of 500+ centres
- Access to G8’s Online Learning Lounge with more than 70 hours of professional development
- Exclusive access to The Playground – G8's benefits platform, with access to 350+ retailers
- Sector leading 30% discount off early education and child care fees at any G8 Education Centre for either yourself or a member of your family
- Uniforms provided
- Access to health and wellness programs
How to APPLY
Please click through to the application form.
Please submit all applications online. Successful candidates will be contacted for an initial phone interview.
For more information about any of our roles, please contact our Recruitment Consultant
For a comprehensive list of all our locations and vacancies please visit https://jobs.g8education.edu.au/en/listing/
G8 Education is a committed advocate for child protection, safety and wellbeing. We have zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm. The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our priority and all team members are expected to embrace this shared commitment