TASTY FOOD GROUP PTY LTD t/a Tikka Take in Canberra – ACT is looking for a CHEF who can uplifts the dining experience for customers. We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for overseeing the operation of a “Tikka Take” kitchen and coordinate the work of cooks. They design the menu, review food and beverage purchases, and often train cooks and other food preparation workers.
- Maintain high standards of food hygiene and health & safety at all times
- Responsible for Preparation, cooking and presenting dishes as per “Tikka Take” menu and demonstrate excellent food preparation practices, portion control and end to end food production.
- Follow all Tikka Take’s operational kitchen process and procedures, achieving all required standards.
- Responsible for monitoring portion and food consumption and waste control to maintain profit margins without compromising 100% customer satisfaction.
- Take responsibility for delivering the highest measures of food production and presentation to customers including managing the live cooking stations at “Tikka Take”.
- Suggest innovation and commercially viable ideas to improve food quality and introduce new seasonal dishes
- Check freshness of food and ingredients
- Plan menus, develop recipes, ensure uniform serving sizes and quality of meals and determine how to present the food
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and other food preparation workers
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas for cleanliness and functionality
- Order and maintain inventory of food and supplies
- Certificate III & Diploma / Advance Diploma
- At least two years of work experience with various Indian food recipes plating styles ambience and presentation
- Substantial background in working with tandoor and preparing delicious curries as per “Tikka Take” Menu
- Familiar with Indian culinary cooking methods products and techniques
- Organized planner of menu development focused on Indian food items
- Knowledge of Indian spices and cooking tools
- Comfortable adjusting food to taste diet etc
- Thrives under pressure in a high volume food environment
- High standard of personal hygiene
- Excellent knowledge of relevant food and health & safety regulations
If you are ready for a high impact role that shows your talent and potential, please send your resume to: Email: [email protected] or alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Store Manager on PHONE: 1300 845 528