Kindness l Care l Respect
Aveo is seeking experienced and pro-active Chef Manager to join our team at Aveo The Domain Country Club in Ashmore, QLD.
About the role:
Reporting to the Regional Catering Manager, you will be hands on and responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day catering operation ensuring the provision of safe, high quality catering services, which meet the needs of residents, visitors, staff and the operational requirements of the community.
You will ensure residents are satisfied and happy with the variety and quality of meals and services provided. All activities in your charge will reflect the philosophy of respect and dignity of residents and care recipients and are conducted in accordance with Aveo's policies and procedures.
Your proven track record in staff management and control of food costs, staff rostering, performance management and quality control will be critical to your success in applying for this role, while maintaining a "Five Star" approach to all levels of food and service delivery.
You will bring with you and be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of HACCP principles in accordance with current food standards, and meet the current Food Safety Supervisor obligations.
About Aveo The Domain Country Club:
- Restaurant style service & kitchen
- 42 acres of landscaped gardens, pond & waterfall
- Facilities include - bowling green, gymnassium and resort style pool
- Only 10 min drive to gold Cost, malls, golf course & beaches
Your responsibilities include:
- Ensuring daily quality meal service to Residents from a 4 week cyclic menu, 7 days a week
- Restaurant services - overseeing both food and service elements
- Daily monitoring of food safety and general OH&S
- Total stock management including ordering, stock rotation, stock taking etc.
- Meeting with clients, customers and other support staff to ensure all required outcomes are met
- Managing maintenance of kitchen equipment
- Periodic financial reporting
- Rostering and managing staff absences
- Quality management - including performance management if required
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Current trade qualification
- Qualified Food Safety Supervisor desirable
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
- Current Police Check certificate
- Retirement Village / Aged Care Industry experience desirable
- Demonstrated catering management experience
- Thorough knowledge of catering principles and their application
- Demonstrated ability to work within OH & S and continuous improvement environment
- Able to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Willingness to undertake a pre-employment medical assessment and drug & alcohol screening as part of the recruitment process
Aveo is a leading and trusted owner, operator and manager of retirement communities across Australia. Aveo's philosophy is underpinned by a commitment to grow with older Australians by inspiring greater living choices.
Aveo current has over 90 retirement and aged care communities across Australia and over 13,000 residents. Our innovative approach to care delivery and community design means we are able to truly say that we are redefining retirement for all Australian lifestyles.
Culture & Benefits:
- Aveo Benefits - access to exclusive savings on hundreds of retailers, products & services
- Join a leading and trusted retirement and aged care communities operator
- Be part of an organisation focused on innovation and support
Aveo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on our employees. We treasure skills, expertise and commitment.
Our goal is to attract, develop, motivate, reward and retain the best people in the industry
Learn more, visit our website www.aveo.com.au
Applications close 08 July 2019 at 2pm
No Recruitment agencies please