Chef de Partie / Commis Chef
CHEF DE PARTIE / COMMIS CHEF
WHO WE ARE
Ideally located in the quintessential beachside village of Kingscliff in Northern NSW, the Kingscliff Beach Bowls Club sits on the water’s edge with uninterrupted ocean views whilst being surrounded by farmland offering an abundance of fresh, local produce.
With Michelin-trained Matt Kemp at the helm, transforming the dining experience into something never seen in a bowling club before, in addition to our award-winning wedding and function facilities, Kingscliff Beach Bowls Club is fast paced and will challenge you to excel in all your skills with the support of our inspiring and
motivated senior chefs. Be a part of an exciting and rapidly growing venture and take the next step in your career.
WHAT YOU NEED
Our team is currently seeking a qualified Chef de Partie / Commis Chef with a minimum of 4 years post-qualification experience (trade qualification or equivalent - Cert III in Commercial Cookery).
Our Club boasts a great team environment, work life balance and professional attitude. Essential to the role, the successful candidate will be reliable, punctual and hardworking, have sound communication skills and a passion to exceed customer expectations every time.
To be eligible, you must possess the following characteristics and attributes:
- Be positive and professional with a can-do attitude and exceptional time management skills
- Hardworking and enthusiastic with a friendly demeanour
- Team player attitude and commitment to high-end service delivering quality food items and ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction at all times
- Work well under pressure and have experience in working to ensure consistent high-quality standards are consistently met
- Capable of providing junior employees with encouragement and setting high standards to be followed
- Have good work ethic - always working to the best of your ability, striving to do better and be willing to learn
- Imagination to explore new cooking avenues
- Be well groomed and presented with high standards of personal hygiene
- Be well versed in maintaining a high level of kitchen hygiene to meet Health & Safety regulations and HACCP food preparation guidelines
If you are naturally passionate, energetic and motivated and take great pride in your work, you are exactly what we are looking for.
This will be a hands-on role in a high-end environment with a responsibility to assist, grow and guide our team, stock control, food & safety and team management. You will need to be flexible to work a seven-day rotating roster, including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and public holidays and will ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times. It is also expected that you have the ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision.