Centre Cook – Goodstart Linden Park
Goodstart is Australia’s largest provider of early learning and care. Founded with a vision for all Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life, as a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families.
We’re looking for a talented centre cook to join the team to plan and prepare a nutritious and exciting menu for the children attending the centre.
- 37 place centre
- Only 3km from the CBD
- Access to public transport
- Centre reflects the home environment and values of their families.
- Hold a Food Handling/Commercial Cookery certificate
- Permanent part-time role, 20hrs per week.
- Menu planning – implement the menu on a weekly basis and experience catering for special dietary requirements and allergies
- Meal provision – order food supplies and prepare relevant meals and snacks
- Food safety – adhere to food and nutrition policies
- Health and safety – adhere to health and safety policies
- Ideally wish to work towards - weekly cooking lessons involving the children
- Willingness to learn and be a part of the team
- Strong communication skills, reliable and punctual
- Continue to uphold the centres strong community engagement, and great relationships with their families and children
- Friendly environment with a passionate team, and large National head office support
- We pay highly competitive salaries above the National award rates
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Employee benefits that range from childcare discounts, discounted travel, insurance, and technology
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Uniform allowance
- Professional development
- Career pathways and opportunities
If you hold a Food Handling and Menu Planning certificate, and have experience cooking meals within a child care centre or similar environment, then we’d love to meet you!
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are committed to child safety. We believe children have the right to be safe, happy and empowered. Our commitment is underpinned by Article 3 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
We are deeply committed to reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.
Candidates will be reviewed and invited to interview as applications are received and we may remove this advertisement as soon as suitable individuals have been sourced
To apply for the role please ‘Apply Now’ or to review the role PD please Click Here