Centre Cook – Goodstart East Bunbury
Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
We’re looking for a talented centre cook to join the team at Goodstart East Bunbury to plan and prepare a nutritious and exciting menu for the children attending the centre.
- We are ideally looking for a candidate who has a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
- Permanent part time 25 hours per week - immediate start
- Must have experience with providing meals for children with allergies, cultural and special dietary requirement\
- Have great time management skills, fast paced environment
- Support the health and wellbeing of the children through planning and preparing nutritious meals and snacks
- Prepare meals to meet the needs of children with special dietary requirements and allergies
- Order food supplies in consultation with centre director
- Ensure safe and hygienic storage, handling and preparation of food and drinks
- Work as part of a team to create a safe, caring and educational place for children
- Competitive award wages
- Flexible work arrangements
- Supportive and friendly team
- Child care discounts
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Professional development
- Career pathways and opportunities
If you hold a Food Handling and Menu Planning certificate, and have experience cooking meals within a child care centre or similar environment, then we’d love to meet you!
Goodstart Early Learning are proud of our inclusive work environment that supports and encourages individual growth and strong teams. Goodstart Early learning acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of all lands on which we come together. We recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures as enduring, living cultures and pay our respects to Elders past and present. #gsICS