Your new company
We are currently seeking experienced kitchen hands food and beverage attendants, qualified Chefs, catering assistants, and dishwashers to service a large facility in Melbourne. This is a large thriving facility which caters to over 1000 people a day. This role is based in Mornington so if you do not live locally it will not be suitable. You also need to be an Australian Citizen to apply for this role. ( Defence site requirements) This is a great opportunity for a versatile kitchen hand to be part of a dynamic team at a south eastern location within a high volume environment. Working for a large service provider the ideal candidate will have gained all round experience working in a busy kitchen wash up.
Your new role
If working as Chef- Chef responsibilities, and other roles include front of house and food and beverage.
- Washing dishes and kitchen equipment
- Stacking dishwasher
- Pot Wash
- Maintaining a high level of cleanliness and attention to detail
- Assisting with general kitchen duties under the direction of the chefs
- Collecting deliveries and managing the record keeping associated with deliveries
- Liaising with clients, managers and contractors to provide great customer service and build strong working relationships
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful for the role you will need to complete (all electronically )
- Candidate application form
- Online Health and Safety Inductions
- Terms of Engagement
- Australian Police check ( Paid by Hays )
- Supply a reference we can conduct within the last 12 months
- Available to work Mon to Sun at flexible times from 20-38 hours per week
- Will have experience in a similar hospitality environment and understand the workings of a busy kitchen
- Relevant OH&S knowledge and capabilities
- A positive can do attitude, a strong eye for detail and be thorough in your approach to your work
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong communication skills
- Client focused
Flexibility with locations and short notice temporary assistance is required. We have a variety of emergency shifts available and will give our reliable workers preference. Come in work hard and we will aim to try and secure you full time work.
What you'll get in return
Excellent hourly rates and day, evening and afternoon shifts available. You will need to wear black on black and closed in shoes, please apply today to commence the application process. Note you will require your own transport however parking is supplied on site.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.Please apply to [email protected] to commence the application process.
LHS 297508 #2542822