Your new company
Fremantle Ports has an outstanding record as a commercially successful enterprise and enjoys a highly regarded reputation with its customers, the community and other stakeholders. The Port of Fremantle is a vital transport hub, supporting Western Australia's economic growth by facilitating more than $26 billion of trade annually. Fremantle Ports is both a landlord to a variety of facilities and the operator of its own import and export facilities in Kwinana.
Your new role
- This is a pivotal role partnering with the business to deliver strategic outcomes.
- Responsible for the Procurement lifecycle of the Category under management: planning, research, solicitation (tendering), contract management & completion.
- Manages the full life cycle of contracts under assigned categories as per the contract management guidelines and / or as directed by the Senior Category Manager.
- Performs role of Contract Superintendent as defined by Australian Standard for all contracts under the Category of responsibility.
- Monitors and evaluates vendor performance against contract deliverables and agreed service levels to ensure contract compliance.
- Coordinates and manages vendors performance, initiating reviews and liaising with Branch stakeholders as to the contract’s effectiveness; both cost and performance.
- Ensures purchases under the respective contract reflect agreed contract terms.
- Undertakes or participates in discussions with vendor and internal stakeholders to resolve problems associated with the execution and/or management of contracts. Ensuring corrective actions are defined and executed.
- Evaluates variation proposals and interpretations of contract terms and provides appropriate recommendations to the relevant stakeholders.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrated commercial experience and be recognised as a subject matter expert in Procurement and full lifecycle Category management;
- Highly developed communication skills to influence and drive business outcomes for organisational strategic and operational drivers
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present complex procurement documents;
- Extensive commercial experience in the planning, development, negotiation and management of high risk and complex contracts;
- A tertiary qualification (or be progressing towards) and/or commercial experience in the relevant discipline (e.g. strategic procurement, business, commerce).
What you'll get in return
This role is being offered as a permanent opportunity. A large collaborative team will support you and provide you with a platform to succeed.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. Please do not contact Fremantle Ports directly, as all applications are being handled by Hays recruitment.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2579330