This mid tier mining client is currently going through a period of major transformation.
Their Procurement & Contracts function has a mandate to develop and execute high quality cost optimisation initiatives and projects throughout the business. They are now looking for a highly skilled Procurement Category Lead to join them for a period of at least 12 months to assist various business units in identifying and implementing cost strategies to contribute to the bottom line of the organisation.
The Procurement Category Lead will take on a consultative role and assist the organisation by developing strategic plans and executing fast track transformation initiatives. You will take ownership and drive the successful delivery of one of the most strategic and visible programs across the organisation.
- Identifies areas of opportunity to reduce cost and add value in all business streams
- Develops plan and engages stakeholders to execute on the plan to deliver value opportunity projects
- Uses creative ways to leverage value from commercial arrangements
- Executes on market engagement with suppliers in various forms as and when required to deliver value
- Drafts and executes resulting supply contracts as and when required and transitions these into operations.
- Previous experience managing multi-million dollar spend transformation projects
- Extensive experience in a strategic procurement gained in complex organisations
- Proven ability managing internal and external stakeholders with conflicting demands
- The ability to deliver bottom line and cost down savings rapidly through negotiation and implementation of procurement contracting initiatives as well as demand management
- The ability to quickly influence and gain credibility from project teams is essential
- Self motivated, go getter, able to manage own work and deliver on spend reduction financial targets
- Able to manage multiple initiatives in the pipeline concurrently.
We are ideally looking for someone to can start at relatively short notice and is happy to take on this exciting project for at least 12 months. .
LHS 297508 #2546928