- Nurse-led model of primary healthcare offering significant autonomy
- Working across a multi-disciplinary professional team
- Casual roles available - 7 day rotating roster, no nights
Correct Care Australasia is Australia's largest outsourced correctional healthcare provider; operating across all of Victoria's fourteen publicly managed prisons, one private prison, and two youth justice centres. Our vision, to provide ‘Healthcare Without Judgement’, is the foundation for the outstanding service we provide across a range of health needs for a unique and hard to reach patient group.
Our facility at Barwon Prison is looking for casual Registered Nurses to join their primary care team. Barwon Prison is a maximum-security men's correctional facility located in Lara, Victoria. Working with this patient group is rewarding as the healthcare you provide can have a positive impact for a lifetime. You will deliver a Nurse led model of care, screening new patients as well as comprehensive assessment and development of case management plans for longer term patients. Shifts are on a 7 day rotating roster with the earliest shift starting at 05:30 and the latest shift finish time would be 20:30.
Essential experience and attributes include the following (selection criteria):
- Registered General Nurse Qualification
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- A minimum of one year full time post graduate nursing experience
- Recent nursing experience in an acute and/or primary healthcare setting
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills
Why Correct Care?
Our recent staff survey highlighted some of the reasons we come to work every day:
- To be non-judgemental, delivering equal care to all
- Working with a great team
- Having adequate resources to do my job well
- Delivering a nurse led model of care which is patient centred
- Autonomy and ability to influence positive health outcomes for patients
- To be able to provide care to a vulnerable population
- Working in a custodial environment
If you are a fully qualified RN with at least one year’s experience and full-working rights, we would love to hear from you!
Click apply now!
To obtain a position description please email [email protected] For further information about this role contact Jenny Mirams, Acting Health Services Manager on 03 5220 8233.
Alternatively, you can visit our website at www.correctcare.com.au to see a full list of available positions
Applicants must successfully undergo a police check and a working with children check. Correct Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer