- Unique enviroment with a real opportunity to make a difference
- Nurse-led model of primary healthcare offering significant autonomy
- Casual Roles Available
Correct Care Australasia is Australia's largest correctional healthcare provider; operating across all of Victoria's fourteen publicly managed prisons, one private prison, and two youth justice centres. Our vision, to provide 'Healthcare Without Judgement', is the foundation for the outstanding service we provide across a range of health needs for a unique and vulnerable patient group.
We are seeking Casual Mental Health Nurse to join our primary care team at MRC. Working with this vulnerable patient cohort offers our staff the chance to provide continuity of care within a recovery based model.
Essential experience and attributes include the following selection criteria:
- Registered General Nurse qualification with a post graduate Mental Health qualification or equivalent.
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- A minimum of at least one year post graduate psychiatric nursing experience.
- Recent nursing experience in a mental healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated capacity to meet the above accountabilities.
- Superior communication, interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to negotiate and influence stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes
- Proven experience dealing with complaints and incident management and achieving successful outcomes.
- Ability to participate in the “at risk” on-call roster if required.
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills, including word processing and spreadsheet applications and other data bases as required.
- Police check clearance
Why Correct Care?
Our recent staff survey highlighted some of the reasons we come to work every day:
- To be non-judgemental, delivering equal care to all
- Working with a great team
- Having adequate resources to do the job well
- Delivering a nurse led model of care which is patient centred
- Autonomy and ability to influence positive health outcomes for patients
- To be able to provide care to a vulnerable population
- Working in a custodial environment which is interesting and challenging
If you are a Registered Nurse with a post graduate qualification in Mental Health Nursing with at least one year's post graduate experience working in mental health, we would love to hear from you!
Click apply now!
To obtain a copy of the position description please email [email protected] For further information about this role contact Alana Guy the Health Services Manager at MRC on (03) 9217 7816. Alternatively, you can visit our website at www.correctcare.com.au to see a full list of available positions.
Applicants must successfully undergo a police check and a working with children check. Correct Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer