Who We Are:
Explorers Early Learning is proud to not only be Australia owned, but locally operated by a Melbourne family! With services operating across Victoria and many more soon to open this year we are excited about opportunities we will have across our centres.
About our Centre:
Armadale has been open since January 2017 and has 5 rooms and 2 wonderful outdoor spaces. There is side street parking and is walking distance to the train station and tram lines. We are set on Kooyong Road just a short walk from Armadale High Street!
Our Educators and management team are all extremely passionate about providing quality care and practising the Explorers philosophy. Our team at Armadale are looking forward to welcoming a cook to join the team!
The aim at Explorers is to create a quality learning environment where children can 'explore' allowing them to learn, develop and most importantly, have a sense of being and belonging.
Working within various teams you will be required to engage and provide a high quality learning curriculum for all children and families. An understanding of the Reggio Emilia approach and a passion for sustainable practice will be highly regarded.
The service utilises an online curriculum therefore the successful candidate must be comfortable with technology and have the willingness to learn new skills.
We are searching for Educators who:
- Are bubbly with a positive attitude
- Are passionate about providing quality learning environments for children
- Are committed and professional
- Have a strong understanding of the EYLF and NQS
Working within various teams you will be required to engage and provide a high-quality learning curriculum for all children and families. An understanding of the Reggio Emilia approach and a passion for sustainable practice will be highly regarded.
Your Role as a casual educator:
- To be able to accept shifts the same morning to cover sickness.
- You will have the opportunity once you establish yourself to be given shifts in advance.
- You will be expected to support the team in the daily running of the room
- Show initiative and also follow direction
- Be able to communicate with families and children
- Certificate III in Children's Services / Diploma in Children's Services or equivalent
- First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
- Working with children check
- Strong understanding of the Early Years Framework and National Quality Standards
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity please send apply and send your resume and cover letter!
Look forward to hearing from you!