Career Opportunities: Domestic Care Assistant | Moruya Area | Permanent Part Time (50445)
Job Reference 50445 - Posted 30/04/2020 - Career Community - NSW - Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
As Australia’s first member-owned wellbeing company, Australian Unity is dedicated to helping people to thrive. We put our people, customers, clients, partners and communities first.
Celebrating our 180 years of community support, we are here to make a difference every day, small things, big things and everything in between. We encourage you to join our team in this meaningful journey and make a difference in your local community.
Our Home & Disability Services business is experiencing significant growth and we have permanent part time opportunities available in Moruya and surrounding areas including Malua Bay, Broulee, Mossy Point, Tomakin and Tuross Head.
What would you do as our Domestic Care Assistant?
- Perform domestic assistance duties such as cleaning, laundry and meal preparation
- Carry out tailored personal duties including showering, feeding and toileting
- Where appropriate provide more complex care to high needs clients
- Provide transportation to clients
- Build and maintain strong relationships within the business and with clients
- Adhere to health and safety guidelines and policies to keep yourself and our clients safe
- Provide meaningful experiences which enable our clients to thrive
What are we looking for?
- A warm, compassionate and reliable team member
- A current Australian Driver’s License
- Access to a reliable, comprehensively insured vehicle
- Flexibility to work 3-4 days (15 hours per week)
- Certificate in Aged and Disability, Individual Support, Nursing or similar would be advantageous but not essential.
What can Australian Unity offer you?
- We pay travel time and reimburse mileage
- Full training including manual handling provided upon commencement
- Opportunities to work additional hours
- Benefits that promote your health and wellbeing including a paid “Wellbeing Day off” per year
- Mobile phone included for both business and personal use
Due to the current climate and high volume of interest, successful applicants will be invited to attend virtual based interviews
Should an applicant be the preferred candidate, background checks (including police checks, reference checks, ASIC banned and disqualified persons and bankruptcy checks) will be completed prior to the candidate's employment being confirmed. The outcomes of the background checks do not automatically bar candidates; however, will be assessed against the inherent requirements of the job.