Kindness l Care l Respect
Aveo is seeking an experienced, motivated & pro-active Care Manager to join Aveo Freedom Aged Care Albany Creek in Albany Creek, QLD.
About the role:
Reporting to the Group Care Manager, you will be providing exceptional management support and will drive the organising, delivering and overall performance of care delivery within the community.
You will be assisting residents in maintaining their preferred degree of independence, dignity, privacy, choice and quality of life by establishing appropriate care plans aligned to the residents' and respite clients' assessed care needs.
Leading an extraordinary team of care staff, you will monitor work practices, provide direction, guidance and training needed to guarantee the delivery of quality care.
This role is pivotal to the development and building of a positive culture within the areas of responsibility characterised by resident-focus, safety, quality, efficiency and positive performance.
About Aveo Freedom Aged Care Albany Creek:
- Conveniently located a short drive from supermarkets, restaurants, a post office and the dog friendly Bleakley Park
- Features indoor heated pool, bowling green, tennis court, movie room and newly refurbished cafe and bar
- Aveo Freedom Aged Care's purpose is to provide a caring, safe and inspiring environment that supports our residents in living their lives to the fullest through the latter stage of their ageing journey
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Registration with AHPRA Div 1 required
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
- Current Police Check clearance
- Prior experience in community management, business management residential or community aged care highly regarded
- Highly developed clinical assessment skills and the ability to lead the care team
- Proven ability to mentor and coach staff
- High focus on and commitment to customer service, choice and control
- Extensive experience in a clinical management or management role
- Demonstrated knowledge in relevant legislation
Aveo is a leading and trusted owner, operator and manager of retirement communities across Australia. Aveo's philosophy is underpinned by a commitment to grow with older Australians by inspiring greater living choices.
Aveo current has over 90 retirement and aged care communities across Australia and over 13,000 residents. Our innovative approach to care delivery and community design means we are able to truly say that we are redefining retirement for all Australian lifestyles.
Culture & Benefits:
- Aveo Benefits - access to exclusive savings on hundreds of retailers, products & services
- Join a leading and trusted retirement and aged care communities operator
- Be part of an organisation focused on innovation and support
Aveo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, with a focus on our employees. We treasure skills, expertise and commitment.
Our goal is to attract, develop, motivate, reward and retain the best people in the industry
Learn more, visit our website www.aveo.com.au
Applications close 04 June 2019 at 2pm
No Recruitment agencies please