Do you have an interest Graphic Design, Architecture, CAD, Reading & Interpreting Plans, Construction and Estimating? This is a computer-based position with a great future for someone within the Timber/Construction Industry! We have an opportunity available for an eager candidate to join the team of a specialist division that manufacture and make custom wall frames and roof trusses as a Frame and Truss Design trainee. This employer have have been in the timber and hardware industry for over 50 years, they offer many services to their customers, employee over 200 staff members and operate from over 13 locations. This employer use CAD and CAM systems to design and manufacture timber trusses, roofing and frames for construction and infrastructure sectors that range from residential and commercial. They need a new team member to join their team for a two year traineeship to complete a Certificate III in Timber Truss and Frame Design and Manufacture (Qualification Code: FWP30916).
What would you be doing?
- Learn IT, CAD and 3D program's specific to the Timber Frame Industry.
- Daily use of computers and data entry.
- Create drawings using computer aided design systems.
- Read and interpret truss, floor and/or frame fabrication plans.
- Work alongside architects, builders and designers to discuss building plans and scope of work.
- Estimating the quantity of materials required to complete the job.
- Entering data and plans into the computer program to create a quote for the supply and manufacture of the building.
- Ensuring all work meets current building code.
- Maintaining and developing communication with customers and suppliers.
- Problem solving to ensure the best outcome for customers, architects and builders.
- General office duties as required.
So, are you wondering if you have what it takes to be considered for this opportunity? All you need is:
- A willingness to learn – this is an entry level job so we provide all the necessary training!
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Reliability and punctuality
- All applications are encouraged to apply
What we can offer our candidates:
- Ongoing, paid, full-time employment in a traineeship
- No HECS or HELP fees for training!
- A qualification that can be used Australia wide
- The first step towards building a long-term career
- Mentoring and support from our experienced field staff to help you stay on track
- Training that is delivered onsite and tailored to suit you by our RTO
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you then send your resume and cover letter through now and one of our recruitment team members will be in touch! Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. PLEASE NOTE: National Training Wages apply.