An Australian organisation creating & supplying innovative industrial technology to the global mining sector has an opportunity for an energetic, talented and committed C++/C Embedded Software Engineer to join their product development team in a career position based in their Brisbane inner city office.
You will be responsible for undertaking whole product lifecycle of components inside of mobile mining equipment. This will encompass developing new features through to improving the reliability of existing functionality. The product is complex and greatly improves the efficiency of mining. It will provide you with interesting and challenging tasks. You will develop code which will interface with machine systems, wireless mesh networks, remote servers, databases and user interfaces.
To be considered for this role, you must possess the following:
- 2-6 years of experience of C++/C software development in an embedded environment
- Linux development experience
- Object Oriented Design & Programming
- Knowledge of IP Networking
- Strong problem solving & complex reasoning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
One or more of the following is highly desirable:
- Experience with ROS, Orocos or similar middleware technology
- Experience writing software with testability in mind
- Experience with writing unit tests
- Knowledge of wireless and mesh networking technology
You will work with dedicated, talented & collaborative people. The office is near multiple forms of public transport & a multitude of amenities. A competitive remuneration package is on offer.
Apply now by sending your CV in Word format to [email protected] quoting Reference Number TR3167. Alternately you can contact Fortunato (Forty) Galluzzo on 043 870 9417.
Only candidates with the right to work within Australia will be considered for this role.