We are looking for Software Engineers role based in Melbourne. You will be working with a Global Consulting company on their large scale projects.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Software Requirements Analysis
- Define the requirements allocated to the software elements of the system and their interfaces
- Analyse software requirements for correctness and testability
- Evaluate the impact of software requirements on the operating environment
- Establish consistency and traceability between the software requirements and system requirements
- Software Architectural Design
- Develop and baseline a software architectural design that describes the software items that will implement the software requirements
- Define internal and external interfaces of each software item
- Establish consistency and traceability between software requirements and software design
- Software Detailed Design
- Develop a detailed design of each software component, describing the software units to be built;
- Define external interfaces of each software unit; and
- Establish consistency and traceability between the detailed design and the requirements and architectural design.
- Software Construction
- Define test criteria for all software units against their requirements;
- Produce software units in accordance with the software design and project standards;
- Establish consistency and traceability between software units and requirements and design;
- Test the software units against the requirements and the design; and
- Complete peer review of software units developed by others.
- Software Integration
- Develop an integration strategy for software units consistent with the software design and the prioritized software requirements;
- Develop verification criteria for software items that ensure compliance with the software requirements allocated to the items;
- Verify software items using the defined criteria;
- Produce integration software items defined by the integration strategy
- Record results of integration
- Establish consistency and traceability between software design and software items; and
- Develop and apply a regression strategy for re-verifying software items when a change in software units (including associated requirements, design and code) occur.
Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) Development Responsibilities
- Software Requirements Specification; and
- Software Design Description.
- More than 7 years’ experience in software requirements, design, construction and integration ideally in Ada and C++;
- Use of requirement analysis and management tools;
- Use of UML software design tools;
- Use of software configuration management tools;
- Use of defect tracking systems; and
- Team collaboration skills.
Experience Highly Desired
- Use of test management tools;
- Mentoring of less experienced software engineers.
- Tertiary qualifications in an information technology or related discipline; and
- IEEE Professional Software Engineering Certification (Highly Desired):
- Professional Software Engineering Process Master Certification - designed to assess a software engineer’s proficiency in the key software engineering processes identified by the SWEBOK. These processes include: Software Requirements, Software Design, Software Construction, Software Testing, Software Maintenance, Software Configuration Management, Software Engineering Management, Software Engineering Process, Software Engineering Models and Methods, Software Quality and Software Project Management. (Highly Desired)
- IEEE Professional Software Engineering Master Certification - requires successful completion of Certificates of Proficiency in the following twelve key knowledge areas: Software Engineering Requirements, Software Engineering Design, Software Engineering Construction, Software Engineering Testing, Software Engineering Maintenance, Software Engineering Configuration Management, Software Engineering Quality, Software Engineering Processes, Software Engineering Models & Methods, Software Engineering Management, Software Engineering Project Management, Software Engineering Economics and the successful completion of two advanced applied modules.
In order to be eligible for this position, candidates must have an active Australian Defence security clearance, or be eligible to obtain one; therefore candidates will need to be Australian Citizens.
- NUnit, Jenkins, Profiling Tools, Nant scripting
- Agile practices: Pair Programming, Continuous build/integration, Test Driven Development
Zone IT Solutions is Australia based Recruitment company. We specialize in ERP and larger IT Services. We offer flexible, efficient and collaborative solutions to any organization that requires IT, experts. Our agile, agnostic and flexible solutions will help you source the IT Expertise you need. Our delivery Offices are in Melbourne, Sydney, Singapore, and India. If you are looking for new opportunities your profile at [email protected] or contact us at 0434189909
Also follow our LinkedIn page for new job opportunities and more.
Zone IT Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and our recruitment process focuses on essential skills and abilities. We welcome applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.