Your role as Buyers Assistant will work closely with your category Buyer to drive commercial results. Joining our Toys and Nursery category, within the broader Kidswear team, you will assist with curating and delivering a product range that is innovative and unique to David Jones. We are looking for someone with experience in a similar role within hard goods, who is an excellent communicator and who thrives in a fast paced environment.
What does the role involve?
- Be responsible for quantifying and completing Buyer orders
- Oversee product performance and initiate markdown within policy
- Monitor and maintain purchasing, sales, GP, OTB and inventory levels
- Report of buyership performance and provide recommendations
- Monitor supplier deliveries and action follow ups when necessary
- Collaborate with the Buyer to maintain reorders within brand maps and price curves
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrated experience working within a similar role in a retail environment
- Demonstrated experience working with hard goods preferred
- Confidence using Microsoft Office Suite, in particular Excel
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills with the confidence to engage with stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and meet conflicting deadlines
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including an annual bonus incentive
- Generous employee discounts across David Jones and Country Road Group
- An additional day of leave for your birthday
- The opportunity to support community partnerships through our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- Be a member of a company committed to sustainable practices
- Ongoing training and development to pursue individual ambitions
David Jones and the Country Road Group is Australasiaâs largest department store and fashion retail group comprising of iconic brands such as David Jones, Country Road, POLITIX, Trenery, Witchery and MIMCO. Part of Woolworths Holding (SA) our values include being Customer Obsessed, Collaborative, Inspirational, Responsible and Dedicated to Quality.
David Jones is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.