What is it like working at Harris Farm Markets?
Fun, fast paced and in IT you will have opportunity to work on multiple platforms and cutting-edge technologies. As family owned dynamic fresh food retailer who is rapidly growing, to thrive you will need to be open to being incredibly flexible and agile in order to meet business demands. In other words, it is busy and very fun!
As for our team, we are a small team of innovative developers who deliver quality solutions to the technical challenges of a rapidly growing company who have been a household name since 1971.
Harris Farm Markets has built a strong reputation for delivering good quality fresh food at great value for our customers.
For over 40 years we’ve remained 100% family owned and operated. We’re 26 stores (and counting) across Sydney and NSW and home to over 2,200 wonderful employees all with a common purpose, to reconnect Aussies with the joy of food.
We’re looking for a strong Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse Developer to join a fast-paced team to design and develop new BI solutions as well as redesigning the existing legacy solutions. The BI/DW Developer will also be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of those solutions. They will create & complete data requests & queries through visualization & reports, present the information that’s required to provide commercial insights to support a fast growing organisation.
You need to be an ideas person who can seek out ways to do your role smarter, thinking outside the box. This role is all about building a powerful BI capability that supports the evolution of business objectives & underpins exec level decision making such that they are better equipped & informed to drive the company forward.
We need to find the right person who can demonstrate proficiency in the following technologies:
Essential skills/experience you will have
· Experience evaluating and improving existing BI systems for legacy data warehouse
· Experience designing the BI/DW to achieve optimal storage & reporting queries
· Conducting troubleshooting on BI models
· Working with senior developers to optimise database structures for existing BI systems in-place
· Strong SQL (primary Microsoft SQL Server), working with advanced SQL concepts like stored procedures, views, functions and query optimization & performance tuning (Essential)
· Strong SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) skills for data integration and data modelling
· Experience/Understanding in data warehouse design and concepts
· Understanding of C# programming (Console applications)
· Understanding of SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services), MDX Queries, Partition management and processing
· Maintaining data analytics platforms, preferred SSRS
· Exposure to Oracle/MySQL/MariaDB databases and aware of PL/SQL programming
· Understanding of SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), to design reports and manage reporting platform
· Exposure of QlikView/Qlik sense
· Experience with Azure DevOps Source Control
If you have a keen interest in data science that would certainly be looked upon favourably as there is the potential for this role to evolve into having that flavour so any python experience would very beneficial.
Why you should apply
· Work with an awesome team!
· A highly varied role that will challenge you to think outside the box
· Opportunity to work with multiple technologies and IT Platforms
· Workplace Flexibility
· 25% Staff Discount