Want to be part of an office of dedicated professionals across a mix of departments? Would you like to work in a place where earned opportunities exist for those who are hardworking, diligent, clever and friendly?
IBISWorld has been an established player in the Business Information Industry for over 40 years. With offices in Australia, US, UK, China and Germany, IBISWorld is one of the largest information companies in the world. The Melbourne office is the Global Head Office, and is located at the top of Collins Street.
IBISWorld is Australia's richest source of business information, publishing independent, comprehensive and up-to-date research on over 700 industries - including statistics, analysis and forecasts.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working Business Development Manager who revels in a pure â€˜huntingâ€™ business development role (no account management required). This position will see you both prospect and close new business, through identifying and qualifying prospects, and then nurturing them through a full sales cycle.
You will be entrusted with a national sales territory to target a wide cross-section of the Australian economy. Key prospects include ICT organisations, M&A firms, accounting, procurement, consulting and other types of industries and occupations that have exposure to many industries.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Subscription-based sales - managing the sale from commencement, through to the execution of the contract
- Using a consultative sales approach to identify customer challenges and offer solutions that match IBISWorld's product
- Using your relationship building and prospecting skills to build a solid pipeline (approximately 300+ prospects)
- Achieving and exceeding established monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- Make significant outbound calls and emails daily to engage new and existing accounts
- Delivering live and web-based presentations and training sessions to prospective clients (occasional interstate travel may be required)
- Some inbound leads provided but targeted cold calling is the core focus
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Ability and confidence to research categories, identify targets and network within industry groups
- Cold Calling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of selling principles and processes behind consultative selling
- Organisational skills to ensure effective pipeline management
- Ability to speak with prospects across a variety of industries and backgrounds
- Must be punctual, have a great attitude and a strong work ethic
- Although not essential, a degree in Business or Marketing related field, and/or some understanding of business and the Australian business scene would be advantageous
There is a negotiable base salary between $60,000-$70,000 based on experience plus generous commissions, bonuses, approved business expenses and super. OTE in excess of $85k, but with uncapped commissions your earnings potential should be considerably higher depending on work ethic and subsequent success.
If you think you are the ideal candidate for this role please apply by submitting your resume and a short cover letter addressed to the National Sales Manager. If you would like to know more about IBISWorld please visit our Careers Page.
IBISWorld is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants must be authorised for