Your new company
A Northern Local Council requires an immediately available Building Inspector to undertake pool barrier inspections for a few months on a flexible contract basis. Contribute your expertise and knowledge to the wider community and ensure ongoing safety for residents. Offering an excellent hourly rate and flexibility, this is an immediately available position in the public sector.
Your new role
Reporting to the Department Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Undertaking a range of pool barrier inspections
- Assessing, documenting and reporting
- Liaising with community members and educating residents
- Ensuring pools and safety barriers are compliant with relevant building legislations and requirements
What you'll need to succeed
- Building Practitioner Board Registration in Victoria (IN-L/U)
- Demonstrated experience as a Building Inspector and relevant building legislation knowledge (Local Government desirable but not necessary)
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and customer service skills
- Excellent written and reporting skills
- Ability to work autonomously
What you'll get in return
In return you will be working as part of an experienced team for a large Government municipality on a flexible initial 3 month contract (part or full time options available). You will have access to fleet vehicles and an excellent hourly rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV directly to Sally Phillips at [email protected] If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2526746