Your new company
An exciting new permanent opportunity has been made available in a highly respected and growing private Building Surveying company based in the heart of Melbourne. Due to an ever-increasing volume of business and expansion of the residential construction market, our client is looking for a full time staff member to join their cohesive & diverse team on an ongoing basis to assist with the assessment and checking of class 1 buildings.
This is the ideal opportunity for a motivated professional:
- Currently working towards your VIC Building Surveying or Inspecting Registration,
- With a passion & motivation to learn from industry professionals, and mentor students along the journey, and
- With some industry experience and working knowledge of the Building Act, Regulations & Code of Australia.
Your new role
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Assessing & checking residential class 1 buildings including low rise houses, town houses/ units
- Assisting with the assessment of applications ensuring high levels of quality control
- Working closely with registered inspectors and surveyors internally and externally
- Working with small to medium builders, homeowners and relevant stakeholders
- Additional strategic and technical administration task requirements
- Reporting / data management using the Permit Pro system, maintaining effective record management
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role, you will require:
- Relevant qualifications in Building Surveying
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in the Building Surveying, Building Auditing or Building & Construction industry in Victoria
- Victorian Building Practitioner Board Registration is desirable but not necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work as a team!
Benefits & What you'll get in return
Successful employment will present a highly attractive annual salary + additional benefits including CBD parking, laptop, phone and flexible start & finish times. You will enjoy perks of regular staff lunches in a friendly & supportive team environment. You will have access to ongoing training and development opportunities that will lead to career progression and an opportunity to work towards full BS or IN-L registration. If you already have extensive experience in the industry to date, this opportunity will allow you to mentor and guide others as part of your role.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date CV, or send directly to Sally Phillips at [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]].
LHS 297508 #2477138