Hays in Geelong are currently partnered with a disability services organisation located on the Bellarine.
Your new role:
We are seeking to appoint a Bookkeeper for a permanent role in a part-time capacity. In this role, the bookkeeper is accountable for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of the business in relation to finances. The incumbent will have primary responsibility for implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities.
You will be responsible for :
- Provision of all accounts payable duties as required
- Accounts receivable duties as required, including but not limited to the creation and follow up of invoices.
- Invoicing for client services using the NDIS Portal.
- Payroll preparation, payment and record maintenance, payroll tax returns, work cover and superannuation.
- Data entry/record keeping – ensure data entry of accounts into the organisations expenditure tracking system is completed in a timely manner in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Reporting – assistance with the preparation of financial reports required by internal and external stakeholders
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Cert IV Financial Services or Cert III Financial Administration.
- Sound accounting knowledge with demonstrated experience in a similar role, including accounts payable, receivable and other bookkeeping functions.
- Knowledge of accounting package/s. Knowledge of Xero essential.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Windows
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills, to effectively manage competing demands whilst maintain a high level of customer service.
- Ability to work independently and cohesively within a team
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact positively with a wide range of people.
What you'll get in return
This role offers you an attractive rate, 5 weeks of annual leave and an immediate start. Temporary and contract workers through Hays also enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Weekly pay cycles
- Your nominated choice of superannuation fund
- Online timesheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs or payroll deductions for our services
- No invoicing required for Pty Ltd holders
- Regular contact with Geelong based consultants throughout the duration of your assignment
What you need to do now
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from a diverse background to apply.
If you're interested in this role, click 'Apply Now' to submit an up-to-date copy of your CV.
For further information about this role, please contact: Ryan Twose T:03 5226 8000 or [email protected]
If this role isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a similar role in Geelong or Western Victoria, please send a copy of your CV and an introduction through to the email address above.
LHS 297508 #2543141