Role : Big data Hadoop Developer
Company : www.tpfsoftware.com
Experience : 5-8 years
Work location : Work location : Sydney, NSW
Australia Preferably : Native Australian's or Australian PR holders can Apply.
Type : Fulltime / Permanent
- Work directly with customer's technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
- Analyze complex distributed production deployments, and make recommendations to optimize performance
- Able to document and present complex architectures for the customers technical teams
- Help design and implement Hadoop architectures and configurations for customer
- Drive projects with customers to successful completion
- Write and produce technical documentation, knowledge base articles
- Keep current with the Hadoop Big Data ecosystem technologies
- Attend speaking engagements when needed
- Travel up to 75%
- More than two years of Professional Services (customer facing) experience architecting large scale storage, data center and /or globally distributed solutions
- Experience designing and deploying production large-scale Hadoop solutions
- Ability to understand and translate customer requirements into technical requirements
- Experience designing data queries against data in a Hadoop environment using tools such as Apache Hive, Apache Druid, Apache Phoenix or others.
- Experience installing and administering multi-node Hadoop clusters
- Strong experience implementing software and/or solutions in the enterprise Linux or Unix environment
- Strong understanding with various enterprise security solutions such as LDAP and/or Kerberos
- Strong understanding of network configuration, devices, protocols, speeds and optimizations
- Strong understanding of the Java development, debugging & profiling
- Significant previous work writing to network-based APIs, preferably REST/JSON or XML/SOAP
- Solid background in Database administration and design, along with Data Modeling with star schema, slowing changing dimensions, and/or data capture.
- Experience in architecting data center solutions - properly selecting server and storage hardware based on performance, availability and ROI requirements
- Demonstrated experience implementing big data use-cases, understanding of standard design patterns commonly used in Hadoop-based deployments.
- Excellent verbal and written communications
Nice, But Not Required Experience :
- Knowledge of the data management eco-system including : Concepts of data warehousing, ETL, data integration, etc.
- Hortonworks/Cloudera Certified - Admin and/or Developer or Data Science experience
- Familiarity with Data Science notebooks such as Apache Zepplin, Jupyter or IBM DSX
- Demonstrable experience implementing machine learning algorithms using R or Tensorflow
- Automation experience with Chef, Puppet, Jenkins or Ansible
- Familiarity with scripting tools such as bash shell scripts, Python and/or Perl
- Experience with Cloud Platforms & deployment automation