Our purpose is to enrich mind, body, earth and soul with the freedom of riding.
Bicycle Mechanics Wanted
About 99 Bikes:
99 Bikes is the largest retailer of bikes in Australia, with over 50 stores in six states and now two countries. During 2020, we have experienced record profits. We have doubled in size over the last three years and we continue to grow. Our company strategy focuses on developing and engaging our people in a long term career. We focus on creating a rewarding team environment.
Why Join 99 Bikes?
- Career progression and opportunities in the fastest-growing bike retail business in Australia. We promote from within 99% of the time. Leadership training is provided.
- Enjoy a base salary with uncapped commission. Workshop Managers also earn a share of profits.
- We pay extra for every day that you ride to work.
- Access staff discounts for you and your family.
- “Earn to give”. We are paid 1% on top of our annual salary and choose a charity to donate it to.
- Great team environment with monthly reward and recognition events! We run social activities across the year including Demo Ride days and other team-based incentives. We are also involved with many cycling events including the Tour Down Under and Tour De Office. Every year our top achievers are rewarded with an overseas global event.
- Help people get fit, clear their mind and reduce carbon emissions.
- Training provided and we offer all staff a fully paid Certificate III in Business
About The Bicycle Mechanic:
Our Bicycle Mechanics work as part of a team to service, repair and build bikes to a high quality standard. Customers are directed to the workshop for expert recommendations and advice. Our workshops are fully equipped with Park Tool equipment and an eco friendly parts washer.
High achieving Bike Mechanics can quickly progress to 2IC and Workshop Manager roles. The Workshop Manager has direct reports and a share of workshop profits.
Skill and Experience:
- Mechanically minded and some mechanical experience in a related field is desirable. You will receive expert training to set you up for success (On the job, Cytech Levels, SRAM STU).
- Experienced Bicycle Mechanics are highly valued.
- Driven to meet servicing and quality targets and earn commission.
- You have a passion for bikes and riding.
- You will enjoy working in a team environment and following best practices.
If you thrive in a fast paced environment and want to join one of the world’s most approachable bike shops, Apply Now!